Priceline Hotel: 5* Cancun - Cozumel (Hotel Zone) Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun

jacqueusi
By jacqueusi,
in

Trying to decide which hotel to go with, the 4* that has a 95% Recommended rating, or the more expensive 5* with a 90% Recommended rating. Having a name to go with the property would help greatly.

Amenities:

4* Free parking, Beachfront hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Internet access, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry

5* Free Internet, free parking, Beachfront hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Pool(s), Resort Restaurant(s), Suite

Looking to purchase today, and of course through the Betterbidding link. Will report back my choice and hotel ID.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases)

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing and our best guess / comments for each:

4* Hotel Zone - Convention Center for $152.00
Free Parking
Beachfront
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort

5* Hotel Zone - Convention Center for $275.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Suite
Beachfront
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Bathroom Accessible
==> best guess here would be the Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun, but if you are interested in this one i think it is the same property offered thru the following link / description for less (always confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

5* Cancun Hotel Zone North for $219
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went the Priceline route. By the time I checked, the PRICELINE EXPRESS price changed to $263/night. Still better than Hotwire. I tried bidding, $210, failed so I added the Cancun Airport (no five star). Rebid at $220, no go. Priceline sent me a 10% off coupon for PRICELINE EXPRESS, that knocked the price down to $236, so I figured why risk additional bidding for the less than $16/day difference in price.

Win posted in Priceline Forum, but just in case, PRICELINE EXPRESS amenities:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results... probably even more so since you took some of the savings and put it towards an upgraded room!:smile:

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

An update. It turns out the extra $15/night upgrade for an ocean view room was a mistake. After a bit of research, the resort has a Grand Club room experience. Essentially, another floor or floors at the resort, separate check in, breakfast and lunch included, use of non-motorized beach equipment, etc. I was offered the upgrade for $150/night. I could have applied the $15/night savings towards the Grand Club upgrade.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am evaluating to choose an hotel in the Cancun Hotel Zone North Area.

There is a 5-Star Express Deal Hotel.

The offered Deal is a 2 Double Or 1 King - Non-Smoking - Junior Suite - Ocean Front

Question: How do I know if the offer is "All inclusive"?
There is no information on that.. Are the 5-Star hotels in Cancun Hotel Zone North always All inclusive?

Thanks.

thebetterbidder,

For help with your upcoming trip please start a NEW TOPIC including the compete details of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (dates of your stay, room rate per nite, all the amenities PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the property, etc) and we will try to assist you there.

Also, if you have had any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases (or failed bidding attempts) in the 3+ years since joining the board it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight by those who have posted before you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]