Hotwire Hotel: 4-star New Orleans - Central Business District

MrCodeDude
By MrCodeDude,
in

Did Hotwire introduce a new New Orleans zone recently? I didn't see a Central Business District part of the hotel list.

I'm seeing two hotels in the CBD for my dates and star rating:

4-star Hotel in Central Business District area - $147/nt (usually $200)

• 80% Recommended (Good)
  • Amenities: Complimentary free internet, Boutique hotel, Children's activities, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Smoke-free rooms, Spa services

4-star Boutique Hotel in Central Business District area - $145/nt

• 85% Recommended (Great)
  • Amenities: Boutique hotel, fitness center, internet access, pet friendly, restaurant(s), smoke-free rooms

It seems like one could be the International House? Maybe the other is the Intercontinental?

Also, would you recommend waiting to see if prices drop? I know my dates are during the middle of Mardi Gras, but do New Orleans prices trend down the closer to arrival dates?

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

I'm seeing:

4* Central Business District for $145.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Not certain, but a guess would be the Omni Royal Crescent.

4* Central Business District for $147.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Not certain, but a guess here would be the International House.

However, on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below)

4* Downtown New Orleans for $138
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess here would be Omni Royal Crescent for less than HOTWIRE.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. If the above possibilities are not of interest, please let us know more about what you are looking for (max budget, desired zones and any other factors) and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

$147 hotel - Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

$145 hotel - Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Bolded their differences.

Omni Royal Crescent would be perfect. Would you recommend waiting to see if prices drop or buying now? (I'll still PL Name-My-Own-Price for the French Quarter up to $145 before going with a PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hotwire deal, though).

Downtown New Orleans for PL scares me because it's a big zone that extends pretty far north to include that Hyatt near the Superdome.

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip, but if your trip is during one of the busy weeks of Mardi Gras, i would book sooner rather than later, especially if one of the hotels guessed works 'perfect' for your needs.  Remember that there is not only risk of the price changing, but also the risk of this hotel disappearing from the search results entirely.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know what's going on that weekend, but hotels are filling up and rates are rising, that I pulled the trigger.

Ultimately used Hyatt points + rewards to book the Hyatt Centric French Quarter for Friday/Saturday nights, then used Priceline's Name-Your-Own-Price to book the Crowne Plaza French Quarter for $73/nt + fees on Thursday: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=219199

Hyatt reservation can be canceled up to 72-hours before stay, so I'll monitor HOTWIRE/PRICELINE the week of to see if there are any significant drops.

Thank you for closing the thread. Glad you were able to find something that works well for your needs and definitely check back closer to your stay to see if PRICELINE and HOTWIRE prices come down.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]