Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire - Vancouver - Coal Harbour/Convention Center area

8sianj
By 8sianj,
in

Hi all,

New to the site and forum here, but from what I've read so far, the site looks to be a great resource for users like myself new to hotwire and PRICELINE. Wife and I are flexible as we have no definitive plans during our visit, just a nice getaway for a few nights without kids, and hope to get some fine dining in. Leaning towards higher end 4.5* - 5* hotels, preferably updated and consistently good service. I see one listing that has appear a number of times since I've started looking and tried to compare to HOTWIRE listing for a Vancouver hotel in Coal Harbour/Convention center location, and having a hard time narrowing it down. Obviously, there's no guarantee, but was hoping for some help getting it down to 2 or 3 from more veteran users, or people who have book in these areas before on hotwire. Thanks in advance! *The "self-service" laundry threw me for a 4.5 star rated hotel, as well as the lack of free internet.

The information for the hotel is:

Hot rate hotel - Top Hotel Label

4.5-star Hotel in Downtown - Coal Harbour, Convention Center area

Travel dates  - Wed, Feb 22 - Sat, Feb 25  1 Room, 2 Adults

85% recommended Great! (186 reviews) Tripadvisor 4.5  (2001+ reviews)

Reg CAD$247/night --> Hotwire CAD$188/night

Reg USD$183/night --> Hotwire USD$139/night

Hotel details

Amenities

Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Pool(s) Resort Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases)

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4.5* Downtown - Coal Harbour, Convention Center for $139.00
Resort
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> if this is what you're seeing, the Pan Pacific or the Hyatt would be my best guess

If the Hyatt Regency is of interest i think the following is also this property but is priced a little less (confirm your dates on the landing page of the link below):

4.5* Downtown - Coal Harbor, Stanley Park, Convention Center for $121
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. I found the biddinghelper tool just before you posted, but couldn't edit my initial post. But yes, that appears to be the one, and cross referencing it to another recent post by karlzmom regarding her recent booking, it sounds like it's the pan pacific. It does check off most boxes for what I'm looking for, but it appears that wifi is not free, so that might be a deal breaker as it sounds like it might be an additional $14 a night.

I'll take a look at the PRICELINE hyatt link. Thanks!

Hey guys,

Looking at Hotwire  - .Vancouver - Downtown - Shopping, Dining, Leisure area

4.5*

Feb 22-25, 2017

$118 USD/night

Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

No mention of kitchenette, so not likely La Grande Residence at Sutton Place Hotel. Sutton Place doesn't show Accessible bathroom. Maybe Wedgewood hotel and spa?

Thanks AaronJB. 

Got one more I'm hoping to narrow down.

Hotwire  - .Vancouver - Downtown - Coal Harbour, Convention Center

3.5*

Feb 22-25, 2017

$81 USD/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The BiddingHelper.com suggests that it could be The Coast Coal Harbour or St. Regis.

When viewed in CAD dollars on HOTWIRE, it says $109 and compared to the price of $167, and the Coast Coal Harbour does come up on Expedia.ca, Hotel.com etc for that price during the time I'm looking to book, which seems to support that it would be the Coast Coal Harbour.

Funny though that Hotwire would have it as a 3.5* deal as most places have it advertised as 4*. Thoughts?

Don't try to use the crossed out price to try to determine the underlying hotel being offered, as this is an average rate of hotels of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily the hotel currently being offered.

I also would not exclude a hotel simply because they don't offer Free Internet... better to save $100/nite and pay $15 for internet vs. savings $25/nite and having the internet be free :wink: (prices quotes here are just an example and not related to any hotels above)

With the above noted, best guess for the 3.5* HOTWIRE offer above would be the Coast Coal Harbour.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Guesses on the following Hotwire offering (used the biddinghelper.com tool and looked at the easy view, per suggestion above)?  

4.5* in the Vancouver - Coal Harbour/Convention Center area from July 22-25, 2017.  $179 a night seems like a really good deal - the three comps presented are the Pan Pacific ($491), Fairmont Waterfront ($520) and Loden ($572).

Amenities listed: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4.5* Downtown - Coal Harbour, Convention Center for $179.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> as per the Hotwire Hotel List this amenity set matches previous reports for the Hyatt Regency so that would be my best guess 

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]