Florida Car Rental 1/28-2/1

Bferguson82
By Bferguson82,
in

I need to rent a car 1/28 through 2/1.  Pick up will be in Cape Canaveral (after our cruise) and drop off will be at Orlando airport.  I only need a compact or one slightly larger car as it's just my husband and I.  I know rates are higher because we're dropping off at a different location, but what I've found so far has been nearly $50/day and up compared to roughly $24 and up if we pick up at the airport instead.  Can I get a good enough discount if we have different pick-up/drop-off locations or should I consider getting a ride back to Orlando (which will cost $40 if I use the same shuttle service we're using to get to Cape Canaveral) and getting a car at the airport?

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As your rental above is for 3 days, where is it that you plan in staying from the time you disembark to the time you leave via Orlando Airport?  Do you intend to spend these 3 days in the Port Canaveral area, the Orlando area, or someplace else?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the CARS selection of our BiddingHelper.com tool i see that HOTWIRE is offers cars for as low as $105/nite if pickup/dropoff at MCO (perhaps you could even save a few dollars by bidding on PRICELINE).

If a shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO would only cost $40 total for you and your husband you're looking at $145 vs. $400... so i think an easy decision. 

If you're trying to avoid the shared shuttle service, even if you get a taxi for just you and your husband (i'm not sure the cost, but $100-$125??) you're still looking at $225 vs. $400 and you can have the taxi drive drop you at the car rental location instead of the terminal. (so is the convenience of the car rental drop off vs. the airport drop-off worth the $50-$75 difference? (which is something you and your husband will need to decide based upon how much luggage you have))

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]