Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Juan (Condado) Caribe Hilton

absmth
By absmth,
in

Hello New to Bidding, Priceline & Hotwire and hope your wisdom can help me secure a good hotel to stay in PR. Family for 4 (1 infant & 6 year old) staying from 01/24 - 01/28 Condado or San Juan near beach and easy access to cab/local transport as we won't rent a car. Saw this on Hotwire. Any help in identifying which these hotels are is very much appreciated. Also, Are these good options or should I try to bid on Priceline..?

4-star Condo in San Juan area $124

Free Internet. Amenities Children's activities, Fitness center, Near beach, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms, Studio

4-star Resort in San Juan area $125

Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Fitness centerPool(s), Resort Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

4-star Resort in Condado West area $142

Free Internet, Business center, Fitness center Near beach Oceanfront hotel Pool(s) Resort Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms

Welcome to BetterBidding!

So that we can replicate your search and the hotel options above, can you confirm the number of adults/children you're including in your search.

The issue with bidding on PRICELINE for this stay is that they only guarantee double occupancy, so you could receive a room with only one bed, and the hotel may not be able (or willing) to give you a room with two beds.  Is this an acceptable risk that you're willing to accept?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As HOTWIRE defines 'children' as age 2-17 i have repeated your search using 1room/2adults/1child (you can compare to searching 1room/2adults/2children if price is the same i would book as 2adults/2children... if any savings i would purchase using 2adults/1child)

However, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases)

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is what i'm seeing when replicating your search:

4* San Juan for $124.00
Free Internet
Near Beach
Studio
Smoke Free
Childrens Activities
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton

4* San Juan for $125.00
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Caribe Hilton would be my guess

4* Condado West for $141.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> 
Ciqala Luxury Suites

Note that the beach at the Hilton is not an 'all out sprawling' beach but rather a man-made beach within a lagoon.  While this may not be what most are looking for when looking for beaches in San Juan, it may work out well given the younger age of your children as there will be no/few waves (at least that is how it was quite a few years ago the last time i was there)

No matter where you stay i recommend this restaurant (you'll need to take a taxi, and we were advised to have a taxi pick us up in front of the restaurant when we were done as the area can get a bit dicey at nite) as i sent a friend there recently and she returned 4 out of 5 nites of her trip!

La Casita Blanca

351 Calle Tapia

San Juan

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success! 

Quite a nice win for this HOTWIRE property! Glad you are pleased with the deal and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]