Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Georgetown - Foggy Bottom) Washington Marriott Georgetown

gafiltafish
By gafiltafish,
in

Used the bb PRICELINE link

I admit I find bidding addicting and added Georgetown for no real reason at all LOL. 

The last few days, I was bidding in Crystal City to try to get the Westin Crystal City (free wifi in the room and because I'm a travel agent, they were willing to throw in a free breakfast each day). I could see it on Hotwire and Priceline Express for $104 a night based on the amenities. I started at $70, then $75, then $80, and then $85. All rejected. I added Georgetown in the mix for $86 (while Crystal City was still selected) and got the Marriott Georgetown. It's a good buy I just wanted free wifi in the room and maybe breakfast but that's okay =)

Price comparisons on the Marriott 

Priceline Express- I don't think it is on there . The only 4 star in Georgetown Foggy Bottom is going for $269. 

Hotwire- Same. Don't think it was on there based on the amenities. 

On Marriott's website it is going for $279 a night but with AAA it's $206 a night. With my travel agent rate it is $194 a night. 

Anyway wifi in room is $13 a night and the breakfast buffet is $20 a day. I emailed them asking if they comp that for agents (probably not). If I end up paying for both it comes out to $119 versus if I had taken the $104 Westin Crystal City (inclusive of breakfast and in room wifi). Difference of $15 a night so not bad. 

I'm just very surprised that the Marriot accepted my deal while the Westin Crystal City which frequently has low deals didn't. 

Maybe this will help people =)

Congratulations on your success!

While not what you were expecting, glad to see you're happy with the hotel and deal you received and are looking forward to trying something new.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Quick update. Even though I did not book direct with Marriot, this location said that they will still give Marriot members in room complimentary wifi which is great! A lot of brands are starting to make it where you only get complimentary wifi if you book on their website and not through something like Expedia or PRICELINE

Anywho saving $26 on wifi

• 3 months later...

Back from my trip. The hotel itself was comfortable and great value for the money. The location had cheap eats nearby as well as a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. That being said it was not that convenient to the Metro stop.It's half a mile and should only be according to google Maps an 8 minute walk, it's more like 20 with all the traffic. Got the free wifi which had a strong signal. Shower was good too, and the employees were friendly. I would stay here again only if I got a good rate again, otherwise the location for me was not that great (I would prefer having a Metro stop in the hotel or within 2 blocks). 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]