Priceline Hotel: 3* Cleveland (Downtown) Crowne Plaza City Center

Speeder
By Speeder,
in

We will be in downtown Cleveland 6/16-6/18 for a wedding for very close friends. They are staying at the Hyatt Arcade, and we'd like to be close to them. We'd also like a very nice hotel for the weekend, as sort of a splurge.

On their "you can see which hotel it is" option, Priceline lists only 1 4* hotel - the Renaissance - at $139. It's the only 4* Cleveland hotel they list, in or out of downtown.

Last night I started bidding on a 4* in downtown. Here was my strategy until I gave up for the night:

Downtown - $65 - rejected

+ Elyria - $68 - rejected

+ Independence - $70 - rejected

+ Westlake - $75 - rejected

+ Cleveland Heights - $80 - rejected

Then I started thinking... if they only have one 4* hotel, will they offer any real discount for bidders? Would I have to go all the way to $139 to have it accepted? That's my real question in this thread.

Also, if anyone has some good suggestions on other good downtown hotels, please let me know. Are the 3*'s generally pretty good? I'm going to continue to research, I just wanted to put that out there.

Thank you!!!

Would I have to go all the way to $139 to have it accepted? That's my real question in this thread.

No, the rates on the "shop and compare" part of the Priceline site have no bearing on weather your bid is accepted

What is the Hyatt rate for guests and members of the wedding party?

As well, the hotels in the "Shop and Compare" are not necessarily the same hotels avaialble thru the "Name Your Own Price" service.

Each service is run independently of the other and although there is a lot of overlap between the two, the universe of hotels that each draws from is different.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good, that gives me some hope!

My husband is in the wedding party. Actually, we don't know what the rate is for them. I have just enough Marriott points from work travel for 1 night stay in a level 4 hotel (like the 2 Marriotts that are downtown). We had originally said we would stay there, so we didn't need to know what the rate was at the Hyatt. I'd like to save those up though, if I can find a good deal on PL.

I'm pretty sure their rate is over $100, though. They weren't expecting anyone to stay there, except some close family and friends who may be moving to that hotel the night of the reception.

I've got a couple months, I'll just keep trying. At least I have that free night in my pocket!

Tried again for the 4* downtown. Highest rejected bid was $81. After reviewing the hotels that seemed to be available and recent wins, we decided to downgrade to a 3*. Bid 1 night (6/16-6/17) at first to make sure we were OK with the hotel we got.

Hotwire listed a 3.5* Customer favorite (matching Embassy Suites?) at $67/night, and a 3* Customer Favorite (matching Crowne Plaza?) at $49/night.

Bid $33 3* Downtown, rejected.

Added Elyria, bid $43, accepted.

Searched for additional night (6/17-6/18) at same price, accepted. Worked out really well.

So, in the end:

3* Cleveland (Downtown) Crowne Plaza City Center

$43 ... 6/16-6/18

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]