Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

cwl6750084
By cwl6750084,
in

Please help me to identify the following hotels, all are for 24 to 26 December.  Thanks.

1. 4.5* River North for USD 58 per night: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

2. 4* Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for USD 61 per night: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3. 4.5* Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for USD 66 per night: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4. 4* Millennium Park for USD 69 per night: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

5. 4.5* River North for USD 79 pfer night: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

I saw that some hotels are listed as "Boutique Hotel" nowadays.  What are the difference between them and a regular hotel?

Much thanks for your kind assistance.

Some of what I'm seeing when searching for these dates:

4.5* River North for $59.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Likely Godfrey.

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $69.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely Sofitel

4* River North for $56.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely Hotel Chicago

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $62.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess this may be the Cambria.

4* River North for $76.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  This listing has not yet been ID'd, but I'll guess this may be the Kinzie.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm after clicking the link that the correct dates are going on the landing page)

4* Downtown - River North for $57
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Likely Hotel Chicago

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $67
Pets Allowed
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Possibly the Drake

Boutique properties are generally smaller, more stylish properties with personalized service.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions before purchasing. I'm very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to answer any city or hotel questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in Chicago!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$69 is a pretty tremendous deal for that property.

In terms of grocery stores, Jewel (at the corner of Clark and Division) will probably be closed on Christmas. Treasure Island has a smallish location about a block South of there on 75 W Elm. They don't list holiday hours, but you can call the number on the website: http://tifoods.com/news_article/company_news/holiday_hours/

There are two Whole Foods locations downtown, including one fairly close to this property in River North, but unfortunately I think Whole Foods stores are closed on Christmas.

Some restaurants will be open and a number will likely be offering specials. This is an article from last Christmas discussing specials (so these may or may not repeat this year, but are some examples of what some restaurants did last year.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-chicago-restaurants-open-christmas-eve-dinner-story.html

Let me know if you have any other city questions at all.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your reply.  I will check out your suggestion.  In the worse case, will go to Chinatown, something must be available down there, ju st that I am not comfortable in that area after dark.

I thought that hotel would be Intercontinental and surprised that you suggested it is Sofitel, thus, decided to give it a try.  Now, if anyone knows the hotel is under renovation?  (Several time I got some super cheap deal and that turned out to be the case.)

The Sofitel is not under renovation. This is just a very slow time for hotels in Chicago and rates are inexpensive in comparison to usual.

Definitely let me know if you have any other city questions between now and your stay.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]