Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Lake Oswego - Tigard) Courtyard By Marriott Portland Tigard

tvhagen
By tvhagen,
in

I've been trying for days to bid 3.5* in the area using re-bid strategies.  With no luck, I (on a whim) went down a tick, bid $57 and won immediately.  Super happy with this win.  Now to book my downtown Portland stay for the following two days...

And I did begin my bidding on betterbidding, as always.  :)

4 hours ago, tvhagen said:

I've been trying for days to bid 3.5* in the area using re-bid strategies.  With no luck, I (on a whim) went down a tick, bid $57 and won immediately.  Super happy with this win.  Now to book my downtown Portland stay for the following two days...

And I did begin my bidding on betterbidding, as always.  :)

How many days you been trying? Also 3 start or 3.5 star? you title and body is different.

Congrats on your success.

Excellent win for this Courtyard property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Chobo2,

As per the quote below this is a 3*:

9 hours ago, tvhagen said:

I (on a whim) went down a tick

Please start a new thread for your own trip and we would be happy to assist with your stay.

On 12/6/2016 at 7:16 PM, chobo2 said:

How many days you been trying? Also 3 start or 3.5 star? you title and body is different.

Chobo2 I've been bidding for about four days.  I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to hotel stays, but that is all due to the vast knowledge at betterbidding.  When I was searching I knew that I wanted free parking and breakfast.  I had bid as high as $77 for a 3.5* with zero success, so I knew that by being promised at least an 8+ rating for a 3* and also getting parking and breakfast there wouldnt be that big of a difference.  

Good luck with your quest!

I been trying for a few days a well, never used PRICELINE bidding before so I was nervous to do it. I was trying for 3.5* as well and got up to $79 and at that point with taxes it was getting to expensive. When I saw your post and saw the hotel you got and it looked fine to me.

I was a little bit worried about the "internet" as 3* did not list free internet but after looking at the hotels in the Tigard area, not one of them did not have free internet so I thought the chance was low of a hotel these days. 

I started my bidding at 50, and then went to $55 for next bid and got your hotel.

Though did you get breakfast included in yours? I did not see that.

chobo2,

Just in case the OP does see / reply to your post... Free Breakfast is not a standard amenity at Courtyard properties so i would not expect breakfast to be included.  I would research beforehand, as being Portland, there are likely some really cool, local, breakfasts spots.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Years ago we waited online (close to an hour, iirc) at 'Voo Doo Donuts' which is popular in Downtown Portland.  I'm not much of a donut fan so for me it wasn't worth the wait (my kids may think differently!:biggrin:), but it's very popular and very well known, so perhaps a 'must try' if you're into donuts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]