Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Union Square - Flatiron) Park South Hotel

laurent221
By laurent221,
in

I got the following from hotwire and guess it is the Hampton Inn

If so is this a good choice as a not too pricey base for Manhattan visit

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area

Free breakfast Free Internet

Boutique hotel Business center Children's activities Fitness center Pet friendly Smoke-free rooms

Thanks for your help

hotwire also advertise another 3.5-star New To Hotwire Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area

at 222USD with following amenities but I have no idea which one it is. Therefore I have no idea where it is

Free Internet

Business center Fitness center Indoor pool(s)Pet friendly Pool(s)Restaurant(s)Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (so please use this method for all your searches/requests)

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Also, are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare

I used BiddingHelper.com originally but the spinner took for ages but now it seems to work

prices are slightly different

we are two adults+ two kids

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area; 219 USD

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area 259 USD

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

25 minutes ago, laurent221 said:

I used BiddingHelper.com originally

... but it's the only way to get the most complete and accurate information.:wink:

Best guess/comments for each:

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area; 219 USD

==> Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown would be my best guess for this one

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area 259 USD

==> my guess here would be the NU Hotel Brooklyn (NOTE: the Hampton Inn Brooklyn is currently 3* rated by HOTWIRE so not very likely to be this one)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks again Not very entudiastic after reading reviews on both hotels

as an alternate I found this but was not able to identify it through the list

4 star  Lower East Side - East Village 252 USD

Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

if you can guess

there is also a 2.5 star in the same area with good recommendation and same price range (255USD)  but I am bit shy on 2.5 star in NYC but may be wrong in this

AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

The NU Hotel Brooklyn is 4.5/5.0 TA rated and within the top 10% of all hotels in Brooklyn... what about this property is it that is not appealing to you?  I have no firsthand experience at this property, but by knowing why not this hotel, we will be in a better position to help you find something that does meet your criteria.

I'm very familiar with NYC, if you let us know needs for this trip what it is that you are looking for (as well as you maximum budget), i can offer what appear to be the beset options for your trip.

hello there

I was a bit cooled down by the reviews on yelp.com about the noise and cleanliness of the hotel

I do not mind not so fancy hotels as long as it is quiet, comfy  safe and reasonably clean. A real plus is having something like a whole foods*traders joe nearby to grab fresh food to eat in the room.

As for location it is our fourth time in NY so still plenty to see but not so eager to get the highlights at once.

Kids are 11 and 14 so they walk with ease. What we enjoy is NYC atmosphere , variety of neighborhoods, good food, shopping, possibly see a show..

We stayed last in 25th st garden inn last time and enjoyed the place even if for food it was not the best area. Before that we were Hotel Toshi thanks to your site.

Looking at NY eve prices I thought it may be a good opportunity to stay in Brooklyn which appears cheaper and still a good atmosphere (we like Persons of interest series)

As for the budget ideally I would like to stay wtihin the 200-250USD per night price range

Thanks for your help

For this 4* Lower East Side - East Village for $250.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

For this 2.5* Lower East Side - East Village for $254.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge would be my best guess here

Do either of the above work for your needs?  If not, have you considered staying Jersey City along the waterfront (a more realistic option if you're arriving via Newark Airport) where i see what appears to be the 4* Hyatt Regency on the Hudson for $220/nite.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

There are parts of Jersey City you don't want to be at nite, but the waterfront area is fine, imo.  It is more business oriented, so it does get quieter in the evenings and on the weekends, but your trip is mostly mid-week nites, and the real appeal is the PATH train literally at the door of the Hyatt, so the rest of Jersey City really isn't a factor unless you wanted to leave the immediate area of the hotel (which i wouldn't be too concerned about unless you're walking in the wee hours of the nite, and with two kids in tow, i doubt that would be the case)

You are right we will keep more or less to very conservative hours like 8AM-8PM but would like more to enjoy some of the flavors of the life as a new-yorker. We enjoy shopping our meal at Whole Foods or Traders Joe and either picnic outside or in our rooms and from time to time get to a local non fancy restaurant. It is not a problem to have a bit of a walk to the more touristy areas

In this sense the Chinatown Holiday Inn would be a good pick if it was not so noisy and... expensive

I think I will keep a cancellable reservation for a Brooklyn hotel and wait (if it happens) for Manhattan rates around 220USD per nite

I will keep you informed in any case

I noted a 4 star in the upper west side with a 4.5 TA and FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

But for 279 USD  it is still too much

So that we can have an idea of what to compare to when researching, can you confirm the price/hotel for your back-up? I think the difficulty for these dates is the last night, as the night of the 30th is going to have some demand for people coming in for NYE (and that night is extremely expensive.)

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the front and listeing to your advice

I found this

3star and a half - Jersey City - 199USD

AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Can you guess it for me ?

Best guess for the HOTWIRE hotel above would be the Sheraton Suites Lincoln Harbor... commute to the city would be by bus (which picks up almost in front of the hotel) or via ferry (which is a cool way to travel to NYC you should be aware is expensive, especially for a family of 4).

Even if commuting by bus, you're looking at ~3.20 per adult each way and (i think) about $1.50 per kid... so you're looking at almost $20 RT... i would sooner take one of the HOTWIRE offers (starting at $250/nite) to stay in Manhattan for the extra $30/nite.

I'm not certain as to which property may be underlying the 4* LES offer from HOTWIRE.

I think It is still the Holiday Inn on LES which is shown with 4.5 on TA when  suggested by Hotwire and then down rate to 4 when clicking on it

I would be more tempted by the 4-star in Union square-Flatiron area for 282 USD a night also rated 4.5 on TA

Free Internet Boutique hotel Fitness center Restaurant(s) Business center

What do you think ? Is it worth the splurge ?

On 12/2/2016 at 10:37 AM, thereuare said:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (so please use this method for all your searches/requests)

2x

4 hours ago, laurent221 said:

4-star in Union square-Flatiron area for 282 USD a night also rated 4.5 on TA

Free Internet Boutique hotel Fitness center Restaurant(s) Business center

Those are the full list of amenities that are appearing in the EASY VIEW tab after clicking the GREEN "See All Amentieis" button??

Don't post any incomplete amenity sets... better to ask for help if you're encountering an error. :wink:

If you click the green button first you shouldn't have any issues.

I'm not certain of the Union Square property above but a guess would be the Park South Hotel.  The hotel itself is showing no availability for quad occupancy, but it wouldn't be the first time we saw a hotel won on PRICELINE / hotwire where they otherwise showed no availability, but it certainly puts a shadow of doubt over the guess.

I found this more matching my expectation for budget

3 star in SoHo - Tribeca area at 246USD

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, TA rating 4

from the hotel list it seems that there is only one 3 star listed which would be the Cosmopolitan but that does not real match

there is still the 4 star in LES even cheaper at 225USD  but I fear it is the Holiday Inn which is much too noisy unless it is the indigo which appears to have some availability and is 4.5 on TA

sorry to be such a bother

the 4 star one in LES dropped to 208USD with

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access and 4.5 on TA

could it be the Wyndham Chinatown instead of the Holiday inn which would be great ?? or are errors on TA rating quite common ?

thanks for your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]