Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Chelsea) Hotel Indigo Chelsea New York

hikergirl
By hikergirl,
in

Hi, there's a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on priceline for an upper west side hotel 3 stars, only amenities are business center and no smoking. Room rate 143$/nite.

My dates are Dec 6 to 7. I was really hoping that I could get a good deal during the week but NYC is crazy! Even the pod hotels and Kimpton are in the 200s.

Instead of a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, should I try to bid? 143 seems like a great deal for upper west, unless it is way too far up.

Any help appreciated, thank you!

Sorry to add to the confusion but I found two other deals on hotwire as follows, using the coupon on your site (30$ off 200$) these would be in my price range. Any ideas/recommendations? Many thanks. I'll shut up now. :rolleyes:

$210 per night

3-star Hotel in Lower East Side - East Village area

1.7 - 3.2 mi from search center

7 out of 10

Free breakfast, 

Free Internet, 

Smoke-free rooms, 

Fitness center, 

Business center 

Compare

2. $218

per night

3-star Hotel in Central Park South area

0.2 - 1.0 mi from search center

8 out of 10

Free Internet, 

Airport shuttle, 

Smoke-free rooms, 

Fitness center, 

Pool(s), 

Restaurant(s), 

Business center

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, this is one of the busiest periods of the year - the first couple of weeks of December are prime time for holiday shopping and festivities.

I'm seeing:

3* Upper West Side for $143 (please confirm that the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page after clicking the link.)
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>This would likely be the Astor on the Park.

In terms of HOTWIRE:

I'm seeing:

2.5* Lower East Side - East Village for $204.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  A guess would be that the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge has been upgraded to 2.5* since last reported.

3* CPS 3* Central Park South for $214.00
Free Internet
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>A guess would be a new amenity set for the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th.

Would any of the above possibilities be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for (budget, location and any other factors) and we would be happy to research and offer further suggestions.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you so much AaronJB, I'm going to keep looking. the closest thing I'd be interested in is the Holiday Inn Midtown. Astor on the Park seems to have a bed bug problem according to the internet! I'm really flexible about location -- just want it to be somewhere in Manhattan other than the upper east side. I'd just like something reasonably comfortable and not dirty/no bed bugs. I'm really not picky about size (small room fine) or amenities (I need almost none, just my own bath). Any suggestions welcome, thank you so much.

OK, two more, my budget went up now -- both on hotwire. Thoughts? Many thanks -- 

Theatre district, midtown West, 248$, these amenities:

Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible path of travel

Second one: Chelsea Area Boutique Hotel, 259$, following amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

OK, I think maybe the Chelsea hotel is Kimpton eventi? And the theatre district is Holiday Inn Express? That's my guess from looking at old posts. I think of those two the Eventi seems better, plus I'm a Kimpton rewards member. But let me know if I guessed wrong!! Or if you see better deals that I am overlooking and you would recommend. Thank you.

Please confirm the star rating for both HOTWIRE listings and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Also, you can find the full list of amenities associated with each listing by going to BiddingHelper.com, searching for your dates, then clicking "Hotwire Easy View". If you click "Full Amenities" next to the listing in question, you can see the complete list including accessible amenities.  Thank you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi, sorry forgot the rating

1. Theatre district, 4 stars, full amenities =  Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2. Chelsea hotel, 4 stars, full amenities =  Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

This is what i'm currently seeing on HOTWIRE for the first property:

4* Theater District - Midtown West for $306.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> as per the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Yotel - Times Square

4* Chelsea for $259.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Indigo Chelsea New York would be my best guess here (same amenity set for this property appears in the Hotwire Hotel List)

Do either of these work for your needs?  If not, please let us know exactly what it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip as i'm very familiar with NYC, but difficult for me to make any recommendations, since your original request for a 3* hotel in the Upper West Side zone is quite different from your last two requests (4* hotels in midtown), so not sure what it is that you're looking for (please also include your maximum budget, per nite before fees/taxes).

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much. I think the variation you are seeing in my requests is that I'm very flexible about area -- I lived in NY for years and am comfortable taking the subway all over. But here's my deal if it helps narrow: I have an event at NYU the evening of Dec 6 so happy to stay anywhere near there. The next morning I am meeting a friend at Sarabeth's upper west side for breakfast so also happy to stay on upper west side or theatre district and just take subway from NYU event the night before. On balance I suppose I'd like to stay West if possible to have easy access to the 1/9 subway. I'm not fussy about star rating -- a very simple room with my own bath is fine. But 2 things are deal breakers: lots of people noise (that's what took the Jane hotel out of consideration -- car noise doesn't bother me but thin walls do) and bed bugs, so if the hotel appears on the bed bug registry it's a no go. This is one reason why I won't bid b/c even some 4 star hotels have terrible bed bug reviews and I'd rather not deal with that if I can avoid it. Does that help? I appreciate your patience!

That is helpful, but:
1) why not either of the last two hotels guessed in my previous post?

2) what is your maximum budget (before fees/taxes)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I can't find the 306$ hotel on hotwire -- maybe it disappeared. The Yotel looked great, a wee bit out of my price range but I would have considered it, though I'd prefer lower. Still thinking about Hotel Indigo, some up and down reviews on Trip Advisor, but want to consider other options to compare. 275$ before taxes is really the max end of my budget, but with the $30 coupon I'd bite the bullet on the 306$ for a great hotel. I hope I am not testing your patience.:sad: I tend to be kind of an obsessive researcher/comparer.

The hotel I was looking at in my original post was Theatre District, Midtown West, 4 Stars, $248, with these amens: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

There's also a Theatre District Midtown west, 4 stars for 247$ with these amens:  Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

But I'll take any other recommendations -- including a recommendation to ignore the iffy reviews on the Indigo. Thanks.

I don't think bed begs have been as much of an issue in NYC for the last few years (i seem to recall only one hotel making the news of having a problem in the last year... and i take any 'public reports' of bed bugs with a grain of salt, as (unfortunately) many review sites have turned into a place to complain about your experience in hopes of a free hotel stay (or dinner, meal, drink, etc))

How about this 4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $264
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> the Tryp Times Square South would be my best guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I don't have a preference of one over the other... the Tryp is probably a little more my style and gets slightly better reviews, but the Indigo is a little closer to the subway.  I don't think there is a clear winner i this instance, it's more of a matter of taste and what is most important to your needs for this stay.

The Tryp is located to a good morning breakfast spot i often recommend if you end up staying there:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased wit the decision.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]