Hotwire Hotel: Help ID San Diego hotels

Evan.Miller
By Evan.Miller,
in

Hello, planning to stay in San Diego 11/24-11/26. I have found 2 Hotwire hotels I'm interested in, but am having trouble figuring out possible IDs. 

Hotel #1

2* Shelter Island-Point Loma

$77

9/10 recommended

Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry

Hotel #2

2* Embarcadero-Downtown-Harbor Island boutique hotel

$66 (on sale from $82)

7/10 recommended

Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel

Your help is appreciated!

Evan

I'm not seeing these exact listings... are you getting the full amenity set from the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button in the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com?

Are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

Is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip, as i'm seeing (when searchign for 1room/2adults) much higher rated properties for about the same price for your dates.... what is it about the offers above that makes these of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was looking at the HOTWIRE website. Now using BiddingHelper.com link!! I'm not seeing all of the same things on the hotwire tab/hotwire easyview. I see the $30 off $200 now, great!! We are looking for total cost around $200, near the beach. I was looking at those options because they were cheaper, with free parking. I would be interested in a higher rated hotel, I just need to keep parking fees in mind. 

Using the above link a see a 3* in Shelter Island-Point Loma for $88. 85% recommended. Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Any idea what this one is? Or any recommendations for other options?

Thank you!!

3* Shelter Island - Point Loma for $88.00
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside (which according to our sister site ResortFee.com charges $10/nite for parking)

Is Beach Access a priority for this trip (vs. staying 'Downtown' in the Gaslamp Quarter?)... and if so, does it need to be walkable to the beach or is a drive acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not that familiar with the beaches in this area, but you could also consider something like the following HOTWIRE offer:

4* Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center for $77.00
Resort
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> matches previous reports for the Hilton Bayfront, which would then also give you access to 'downtown' and (i assume) being able to walk to restaurants, cocktails, etc. and a higher star rated property ('upgrade' to the 1 King bed room type at $83/nite to meet the $200 minimum to use the discount link in my signature :wink:)  Parking is about $35/nite, but even when including this, is still not too much over your $200 target after taking into consideration the extra discount currently available and you gain a few extras (star rating, location, etc)

Nothing wrong with the Holiday Inn guessed above, but thought i'd at least give an alternate option should this one work for your needs.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]