Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Miami (Coconut Grove) Courtyard by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove

izimba
By izimba,
in

First, I tried bidding to land the 4* Mayfair, because both Priceline Express Deals and Hotwire had a hotel matching its description for $120 a night. Using free rebids and adding the Coral Gables zone, I bid up to $110 but did not have success.

Next, I tried for the 3.5* Aloft Miami Dadeland, because it wasn't too far away and because of its free parking -- a big selling point! It had a lowest advertised rate for these nights of $135. I bid $95, added the Coral Gables zone and went to $100, but I got nothing.

And here's where I made my mistake: I added Coconut Grove and bid $103, landing the Courtyard by Marriott. It's a great hotel, but it was advertising a AAA rate of just $104 for one of my two nights. I should have bid $95 or lower before adding Coconut Grove, because I saved only about $25 by using Priceline. The hotel also charges a steep $29 a night for parking. But we loved the location and had a view of Biscayne Bay, even if the room was rather small.

Amenities:

• Free Internet (in Room)
  • Outdoor Pool
  • Spa
  • Non-Smoking
  • Gym
  • Restaurant
  • Handicap Accessible
  • Business Center

As I always do, I accessed PRICELINE via this site. Thank you!

Congratulations on your success!

While your bidding mistake may have caused this trip to be a bit more expensive than you had planned, glad to hear the location worked out great for your needs and you had an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]