Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Omni at Championsgate

evaplo
By evaplo,
in

Hello...

I have the same question so I'll join you. I'm new but reading all I can about people who have gotten the Gaylord Palms, it seems usually for 93 dollars. That is 100 dollars cheaper than I can stay at Animal Kindom Lodge on property, and that's WITH an Annual Pass discount. Good heavens.

I'm curious as to why you want to avoid the Hilton. Have you had a bad experience there? Feel free to pm me if this isn't something that's appropriate for this forum.

Is there a price to start at or a particular time to bid that would be better for getting the GP?

Thanks for the advice and a MILLION thanks to the administrator for putting all this information together. An unBELIEVABLE resource!

Beth :)

I have stayed at the Hilton, Gaylord Palms and Hyatt Grand Cypress in the past. I LOVED the Cypress even though the rooms were slightly dated. The service was great and the resort is so large and quietyou "forget" you are in the middle of a madhouse (Disney)!

The Gaylord Palms is also very nive since it is newer than the Cypress. Great Atrium and good service.

I have also stayed at the Hilton on business which is good for business but, compared to the other two resorts, not very "kid" friendly. Nothing exciting to keep kids attention.

I also want to say thanks to the administrators. This is a GREAT website! I will be passing the word on!

Good to know about the Hilton. It's mostly to hang out by the pool with our 4 year old that we're going. We're a big parked-out so no time at WDW this time. THis is why I think the GP looks so amazing. I'm tempted to just bid $93! I keep reading and re-reading the "don't bid higher" thread trying to make sense of it all. :)

Beth

For a fantastic pool, I recommend the Univ/SW zone resorts. The Renaissance has just had their pool area redone (well maybe it's been 2 years?) and the JWMarriott (the most-often won) is very new with a lazy-river, cute kids' pool and playground. They're close to SW, but not really close to anything else. The JWMarriott also has a boat they take around the lake... kids might enjoy that too. Of course, the same old caveat applies: You may be the first to win a new resort. (This never bothers me when I think about saving $100+ per night.)

Just got accepted for Omni Championsgate for $100 a night. My stay is 4/28 to 5/5. Seems like a great place and nice hotel. I hope it is just like that in person!

Does anyone know if the Omni kids applies even if you purchased via Priceline?

I started bidding at $60 WDW area (resort only) and kept adding zones until accepted. Went though savingsbarn.com

:)

Congratulations on your win! and thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

Do you recall the amount of your highest previously rejected bid? (was it $95?)

Hotel gets great reviews so i suspect you'll be quite happy here.

Have a great trip and thank you for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]