Hotwire Hotel: 3* in Palm Beach - Oranjestad, Aruba area

fish1010
By fish1010,
in

Could you please help identify a 3* in the Palm Beach - Oranjestad, Aruba area for Dec 30-Jan2? 

Full list of amenities it's showing me is:

Free parking, Free Internet, Pool(s), Kitchenette, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

$105.00 per night x 3 nights x 1 room  ($315.00)

Tax recovery charges + fees ($118.36)

Bed choices are either 1 King + 1 Sofa Bed or 1 Double + 1 Sofa Bed. Price is same for either. 

I'm assuming this one isn't the Perle D'Or as that hotel is a fair bit cheaper on these dates. Priceline seems to have it on their Express deals for $70something per night. 

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

If you have had any PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchases in the 5+ years since you joined the board, please start to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you hare hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you.:wink:

My guess for the HOTWIRE offer above would be the Aruba Harmony Apartments... but do you really want to stay at a hotel where only half of the previous users (who were there on a discounted rate and not even paying full price) would recommend the property?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, agree, it's not sounding very appealing and quite far from Palm Beach. 

Unfortunately I haven't (successfully) used Hotwire or Priceline for a hotel in ages. This is one of the rare cases when I don't book directly with Hilton or Marriott because their prices are well beyond what I'd consider reasonable due to the NY holiday, so looking at other options. Certainly will share though if I end up with something from either site. 

Please close this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip... even if not PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, you book a regular rate hotel, cancel the trip, etc.  This helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as a courtesy to anyone that helped with your travel plans.

What are your needs for this trip and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Finally I ended up using points and booking a night at Marriott and 2 at Hilton. There was just nothing priced reasonably via Priceline, Hotwire, or otherwise that was even half way decent near the beach due to the holiday. I certainly appreciate the help here, will certainly come back again when a similar situation arises (hotels unusually expensive in a particular area due to holiday or other reason), hopefully with a win next time to contribute. 

I'm not familiar with how to close the thread myself. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]