Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown - River Walk) Swissotel Chicago

md1801
By md1801,
in

I'm seeing the referenced hotel for $112 on 11/2, but am having some trouble fully identifying.  Amenities I can see are:

Business center

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Internet access

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

The golf item is different from what's shown on the hotel list for this zone, but I'm guessing Renaissance Blackstone or Hilton Chicago.  Any insights from the experts?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $109.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> if this is what you're seeing, best guess for this one would be the Blackstone Renaissance

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Where is it that you want to be near?

What is your maximum budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The ideal spot for my needs would be the Grand subway station, or within a few minutes walk.  I've been halfheartedly searching in the River North, Mag Mile, Navy Pier and Downtown Millennium Park areas.  The listing that started all this appeared to be a good fit on price alone so it was worth looking into.  I'm looking at things up to about $140/night, though obviously lower is better.  I've seen a few things that have floated through the Hotwire and Priceline offerings that lead me to think that 4* and 4.5* places will frequently fit into that budget, though I'm not opposed to a 3.5* if it's a nice property.

Confirm your dates on the landing page(s), but how about:

4* Downtown - River North for $141
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> my guess for this one would be the Hotel Felix

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $158
Business Center
Restaurant

==> Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

Do either of the above work for your needs?

I'll agree that the Grand station area (and in other words, sort of the "core" of River North) is a great location as it's easy to walk to Michigan Ave and the Red Line is right there in case you want to go South (Art Institute, etc) or North (Lincoln Park, etc) Plus, all sorts of restaurants nearby.

When I search for 11/2, I'm seeing this on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct date of travel is showing on the landing page before booking):

4.5* Downtown - River North for $133
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

>>> Possible match for the Palomar.

If that's the Palomar, it couldn't be more perfect in terms of location (if that's the Palomar, the Grand station is right there) and hotel quality (9+ customer review rating on the listing page.)

Yep, unfortunately the price has jumped substantially since earlier.

HOTWIRE:

I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Water Tower area on HOTWIRE w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Childrens Activities, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $148.

>>> I'll guess this is a new amenity set for the Westin Michigan Ave. This is not right near the Grand Red Line station, but it is a nice property that is not a terribly far walk from the Chicago Red Line station (and then the Grand station is one stop South.)

There's also a 4.5* in the same zone w/Boutique, Restaurant, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa for $155

>>> A guess in this case would be a slightly different amenity set than previously reported for the Ivy. 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page, so the underlying hotel does get excellent reviews.

I'll also note the 4* in the Water Tower zone for $121 w/ Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

>>>I'll guess this is a slightly different amenity set for the Public. This is at the very tip-top end of the zone, but it is is a few blocks from a red line stop.

PRICELINE EXPRESS still does have:

4* Downtown - River North for $141 (please confirm that the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page)
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>> I'll guess this is the Felix, which is great in terms of location but I think would be only okay in terms of hotel. That property is a former budget hotel/motel that was renovated significantly, but the rooms remain small. Reviews have remained pretty mixed.

Personally, the potential Ivy for $155 would be more compelling option for $14 more than the Felix.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance. I'm familiar with Chicago, so definitely let me know if you have any questions (hotel or city) before booking.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the following 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on a 4* in the Downtown - Millennium Park area for $111, with the following amenities:

WiFi available in all areas

Indoor Pool

Fitness Center

Business Center

Pets Allowed

Breakfast served in restaurant

Non-smoking Rooms

Valet Parking

Result was the Swissotel Chicago, lowest available rate found prior to booking elsewhere was $189, normal rate appeared to be $259.  All in all, I'm happy with the result.

Certainly a very nice win for this property last-minute. Great location (ask for a river view and see what they say) and very nice property. 

Do you recall the amenities that were showing with the listing before purchase? Thank you.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

I sure don't. What I put above was what I saw when reviewing the trip details after booking. In my excitement to secure the deal when it appeared I neglected to copy what was showing. I was however able to determine it was the Swissotel ahead of time by noting that the $259 price and guest rating matched the non-express prices on PRICELINE.  I hope this helps someone!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]