Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Millennium Park) Monaco Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel

DannyArcher
By DannyArcher,
in

I am looking for 2 rooms with 2 adults each for Friday night, November 18, 2016.  Using your biddinghelper.com I see

4* Downtown Chicago - River North (137.00)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* Magnificent Mile - Water Tower (146.00)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Any idea on which hotels these may be, and if you think I may be able to do better going priceline for the same areas?  I appreciate the help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess/comments for each:

4* Downtown Chicago - River North (137.00)

==> Hotel Felix

4* Magnificent Mile - Water Tower (146.00)

==> The Public would be my best guess for this one (the Warwick is close in price but i don't believe they are Pet Friendly, so crossed it from the list)

In terms of doing 'better' by bidding on PRICELINE, it depends how you define better... you may be able to get a slightly lower price, but you won't be able to take a guess as to which hotel you may receive, so it may (or may not) better a better reviewed hotel than either of the above.

If you'd like to try bidding on PRICELINE let us know which zones (by PRICELINE name) are acceptable and your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow... or let us know which of the above you decide to go with or how we can be of further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll also note on PRICELINE EXPRESS:

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $148 (please confirm that the correct date and number of rooms are showing on the landing page after clicking the link.)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>This would be a possible match for the Monaco.

The Public is a nice property but is somewhat limited by the age of the building. The renovation that was done to that property is pretty substantial, but walls are still thin and the property is fairly basic when it comes to amenities. I'd stay there again at the right price, but when the potential Monaco is showing for essentially the same price I'd really rather that.

I'm very familiar with the area - let me know a bit more about what you are looking for and I'd be happy to offer suggestions. Let me know if you have any city questions, as well.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

17 hours ago, DannyArcher said:

I would like to cap the bid at $175

It sound like you like The Felix, so at $137/nite for that property, and the PRICELINE EXPRESS OFFER ABOVE at $148/nite guessed to be The Monaco... why would you bid any more than $137 or $148 (and risk receiving a hotel that you don't like as much as The Felix or one that is not as well reviewed at The Monaco)

What 'more' is it that you're looking to gain by bidding on PRICELINE over the guessed Felix or Monaco (whichever it is that would be your first choice)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Monaco would be something I'd get without much hesitation at all. Gets great reviews, very nice property, central location, Kimpton social hour, etc. I'd stay at the Public again but "at the right price" and when the Monaco is the same price I'd easily go for that instead. Some people may want to be right on/near Michigan Ave, but that doesn't interest me at all, really; I'd rather be in a location that is more central to the city as a whole. Where the Monaco is, I could easily walk to River North, easily walk to the Art Institute/Millennium Park or it's just over the bridge to Michigan Ave. Or it's not far from a Red Line stop if I want to go to Lincoln Park or elsewhere. As someone familiar with the city, when I go to downtown Chicago, I guess my view is that a lot of Michigan Ave is fun to window shop at but so much of it can be had for cheaper (and not the high sales tax) elsewhere. For me, if I'm going to the city, it's trying a new restaurant, going to the zoo, wandering around Lincoln Park or going to a museum. If I'm on Michigan Ave, it's probably to go to Eataly, which is always a fun browse and a gorgeous place.

The Felix (which is a renovated former budget motel/hotel; they did a substantial renovation but rooms are still small) is not something I'd be crazy about, but I did quite like sister property the Godfrey literally next door. 

If you bid more in an attempt to get a different property, the likely result is that you will just pay more for the same property you would have gotten had you bid lower. It is possible to bid more than the retail price of a hotel and still get it (which is where the Best Price Guarantee that PRICELINE offers comes in.)

Let me know if you have any questions before booking.

I think you made an outstanding choice. Really nice property, great central location and perhaps try at check in to request a nice river view (which they may say is an upgrade or not available, but worth a try for the potential they may just give it to you.)

Please let me know if you have any city questions at all - if restaurants, let me know likes/dislikes.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]