Hotwire Hotel: Hotel Help Scottsdale 3.5* and 2.5*

cesco.g
By cesco.g,
in

Trying to figure out these listings:

3.5*  Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

this one lists for $ 91;

TA 4 out of 5; 55% recommended

2.5*  Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

this one is offered for $ 86; 

TA 3 out 5: 60% recommended

2.5* Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access

lists for $ 53

80% recommended

Dates are 11/10 - 11/13

Thanks for any input.

Best guess/comments for each:

3.5*  Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

==> 3 Palms

2.5*  Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

==> are you still seeing the Kitchenette listed for this offer, as i see an $86/nite hotel with this amenity set excluding the Kitchenette amenity

2.5* Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access

==> no guess

Is there something in particular that you're looking for, as 2 out of the 3 hotels above have very low recommendation ratings from previous HOTWIRE guests, and i'm seeing hotels that are similarly priced which are both higher rated and better reviewed

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply. The 2.5* at $ 86 indeed shows now:

" Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby".

Re location: The idea was to stay near Old Town; the 2.5* Holiday Inn Express  and 3* Hyatt Place from the Hotwire Hotellist would fit that bill.

$ 100 price range, e.g. $ 300 - 400 range for 3 nights would be preferrable.

Also willing to look at Priceline, but I am not really comfortable with that bidding process; maybe PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Confirm your dates on the landing page, but i'm currently seeing:

3* Downtown Scottsdale - Old Town for $97
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

==> the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn would be my best guess for this one

4* Scottsdale for $93.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Restaurant
Fitness
Golf
Spa
Hi-Speed Internet
Business
Resort
Pool
Pet Friendly
==> my guess would be The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, which get excellent reviews

2.5* Scottsdale for $86.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Pool
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> Days Inn and Suites Scottsdale North or the Best Western Plus Sundial

Anything above suit your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all your help, thereuare.

Given that the distance from the Old Town district, I was also looking in North Scottsdale at this one:

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

$ 102;

At first sight, it appears similar to the La Quinta on Shea Rd, which I reported a successful bid on earlier this month. However, the Kitchenette in the listings makes me doubtful ....?

Also the TA rating is 3, vs. 4.5 for the La Quinte. Must be another property.

22 minutes ago, cesco.g said:

Also the TA rating is 3

It's probably one of the Extended Stay properties in this zone (there are two of them)... but would you really want to stay at a hotel with the TA rating being 3.0/5.0??

Again, i'll inquire... why this one when there is a 3* hotel in this zone for $100/nite, which is not only negligibly cheaper, but also has better reviews.  You seem to be gravitating to the lower rated hotels, even when there are higher rated/reviewed hotels offered for the same (or lower) price.

Thanks for your input, thereuare. Conferring with the party travelling along we are looking into other areas, such as Phoenix North/Black Canyon. I might have a question there, if I may.

Oof course always using the links on betterbidding  :smile:

P.S. should I start a new thread re other areas?

Please keep posts for this stay in this thread, thanks. Definitely keep us updated on your plans - please let us know when you are ready to book and we would be more than happy to help with different areas.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]