Hotwire Hotel: Family Traveling to NYC after Thanksgiving

jilliannoelle
By jilliannoelle,
in

I've found several properties but would love opinions. We are a large family traveling to NYC 11/26-11/29. There will be:

Me and my husband and our 2 children (3, 5)

My SIL and her husband and their one year old

My MIL and her mom

My mom and another woman

We want to see the sights, christmas decorations, etc. Many have never been to NYC at Christmas. Can you help me narrow where to look and make the best choice? I would love to spend $200/night/room but could go a bit higher. Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To confirm, you need 4 rooms?  If so, searching for 4rooms/8adults/3children i'm seeing the following on HOTWIRE:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $152.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my best guess here would be the Wyndham Garden Chinatown or the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, both of which get good reviews and are likely the best 'bang for your buck', although are not the most centrally located for your needs (although certainly do-able)

More centrally located:

4* Times Square South for $167.00 (+$30 resort fee per room per nite)
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
==> Row NYC

4* Times Square North for $169.00 (+$32/nite per room resort fee)
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel

4* Upper West Side for $196.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> Empire Hotel

4.5* Rockefeller Center for $199.00 ($27/nite resort fee per room)
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Warwick Hotel which would likely be the most centrally located for your plans (close to Rock Center Tree and the window shops along 5th Avenue) and also has the best reviews... but also the most expensive

Any of the above of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is the rate of the Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South for the dates (and occupancy) you need?

If you do book a regular rate, it would be appreciated if you used our link above (or thru MAPS and HOTELS.com)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you looking for a more upgraded property with more amenities or a lower rated hotel with more value (free breakfast/wifi)

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

The Warwick is a much better value, imo... it is closer to the tree in Rockefeller Center as well as the stores along Fifth Ave with their Christmas displays.  The only think the Hampton is closer to (in regards to Christmas displays, imo) would be Macy's, which you can still easily get to from the Warwick.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do, but i will add, that if you ponder the decision too long, HOTWIRE will often (indirectly) make the decision for you by the offer disappearing or the price going up substantially.

Good luck!

When I search for these dates for 4 rooms/8 adults/3 children (1 child per room for 3 rooms), I'm seeing the 4.5* in Rockefeller for $186.

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

If you're indicating more than double occupancy for a room via HOTWIRE, then you should get some form of bedding for the party. 

4 hours ago, jilliannoelle said:

From what I've read the Warwick will give us a king and rollaways.

This is probably a bit too much of a generalized statement, imo.

4 hours ago, jilliannoelle said:

Many of the adults don't want to share a bed as they are non related adults

... and the married couples are willing to have separate beds?

With both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS, if the Bed Choice option is given, you will only be able to choose one room choice for all rooms on the reservation, so unless you're willing to make separate purchases for rooms with one bed and rooms with two beds, somebody is going to have to compromise (unless you're able to arrange the room configurations with the hotel after your purchase)

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

• 11 months later...

Thank you for closing the thread. Glad you enjoyed your stay at this property.

The HOTWIRE tab of MAPS and HOTELS.com should have the same exact inventory and bed choices, please use it for your future regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]