Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) St Giles The Court

jenjenstar
By jenjenstar,
in

Hello!  I am looking to book a room via PRICELINE as close to The Archer on 45 W. 38th st (1 night is sold out)

I literally get in about 11:00pm so I'd hate to spend a whole lot just for a few hours but I also don't want to stay in a

total dump.  I'd like 4 stars but even that looks sketch when you look into Times Square.

I'm guessing 38th & 6th is more like Bryant Park/Rockefeller correct?

Travel Dates 11/2-11/3

Any help would be great!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Anaheim Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.) Closing prior threads is greatly appreciated, as it helps others with researching and keeps the board organized.

Please let us know a bit more about what you are looking for in terms of desired budget per night and acceptable zones where you are okay with potentially staying anywhere in the zone.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

My suggestion would be (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Central Park South for $186
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

==> best guess would be the Le Parker Meridien New York.  While this would be about a 10 minute walk, it's an easy 2 stops on the F train or a $6-$8 taxi ride.  This is the best bang for your buck, imo, and better to spend another few dollars on a quick taxi ride (or subway) than spend more for a lesser rated property.

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is/was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal... but apparently it is no longer offered (either somebody else purchased the last room at this price or the hotel pulled the offer) and from what i recall, prices are a bit since last week.

Some current ideas (again, please confirm dates on the landing pages for any links provided below):

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $196
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> guessed to be The Night Hotel Times Square

4* Empire State Building Area for $211

(no amenities showing)

==> Avalon Hotel would be my best guess here (and wouldn't be too far of a walk to your desired location)

On HOTWIRE:

4* Empire State Building for $204.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Iberostar 70 Park Avenue is my guess here (and not too far off from your original price when using the discount link in my signature) and an easy walk to 38th and Sixth Ave

3.5* Empire State Building for $160.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> NH Jolly Madison Towers would is not as nice as the one above, but also an easy walk to 38th and Sixth Ave

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still seeing a 4* on HOTWIRE for $206 in ESB w/Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower. While the price is up a bit, if it's highly convenient (and a nice hotel), would it still be compelling for $10-15 more than what it was previously showing at?

There's also a 4* that hasn't been ID'd/reported in ESB for $155, but that gets 4/5 on tripadvisor so the property does get very good reviews overall.

Sorry again for bugging.  What's your thoughts on Time Square North/South?

Here's one that may look of interest if you have any guess at IDing:

HOTWIRE:

4-star Hotel in Times Square North area

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities:

Boutique hotel Children's activities Pet friendly Restaurant(s)

85% thumbs up TripAdvisor

$182 per night

On 10/12/2016 at 6:53 PM, jenjenstar said:

I literally get in about 11:00pm so I'd hate to spend a whole lot just for a few hours but I also don't want to stay in a

total dump.

If a central location is really not that important for this nite, i would suggest the following (as always, confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen for $154
Pets Allowed
Restaurant

==> best guess for this offer would be the Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, which is a great hotel... just not the most convenient location for the typical tourist.  However, the next day you can walk to grab some breakfast/coffee at:
Amy's Bread

672 9th Ave (between 46th and 47th St) has more seating area available, but still 'counter service' and you take your belongings to seat in the back

OR

Sullivan Street Bakery (just a few counter places to sit or a bench out front... more of a 'grab and go' type of place)

533 W 47th St,

... then head back to the hotel to take a ~$10-$15 (more likely on the lower end) taxi ride to your 38th St destination.  While not as near to your ideal location mentioned at the beginning of this thread, you seem to have drifted from the necessity of being nearby, and i think this gives you a great hotel, and even with a $12 taxi ride, is cheaper all-in than many of the offers above. (you're not really that far from 45 W. 38th st, it would be a moderate walk, but not likely something you would want to do with luggage in tow)

Thoughts on this one?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

I cannot thank you enough for all of your time!

I'd like to be a little closer but I'm just trying to avoid staying in a bed bug dump ya know.

any guess on this?

HOTWIRE:

4-star Hotel in Times Square North area

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities:

Boutique hotel Children's activities Pet friendly Restaurant(s)

85% thumbs up TripAdvisor

$182 per night

I'm not currently seeing this property offered on a current search for your dates... are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search?  If so, are you able to click thru and get to the next booking page?

Ideally please use the EASY VIEW TAB of BiddingHelper.com and click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to each offer to ensure that you're seeing the full amenity set associated with each property.

While i understand that you want to be closer, i'll point out that even including taxi fare, the (gussed) Ink48 would be cheaper than the $182/nite offer above...plus you won't have to walk with your bag from whatever location you ultimately decide to your 38th St destination the next day.  I typically don't recommend the Ink48 to the average visitor based upon the location, but given this is just a one nite stay (with a late arrival and early departure to 38th St the following day) i think it not only fits the bill, but is the least expensive among the 'better' hotels being offered... but of course you know your plans better than we do and ultimately you're the one that needs to be happy with the outcome.

23 hours ago, thereuare said:

4.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen for $154
Pets Allowed
Restaurant

==> best guess for this offer would be the Kimpton Ink48 Hotel

Look at the link to the left of 'for $154' (which i have bolded above for future reference)... however, this may be another instance of the hotel having sold/pulled their inventory while you pondered the offer.

Next option?

Sorry to hear this one didn't go as well as you had hoped, but fortunately it's just for one nite and i'm sure it will work out fine for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]