Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* St. Petersburg - Clearwater (Treasure Island) Bilmar Beach Resort

moreofless
By moreofless,
in

3.5 * clearwater beach - Treasure Island - $103

October 20, 2016 to October 27, 2016    | 1 room, 7 nights, 2 adults, 0 children

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

Lists BED CHOICE on Hotwire site

Thank you!

Please conclude your previous two Columbus, OH threads (HERE and HERE) with whatever you decided to do for each of those trips, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above. 

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Are your plans for this trip firm?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know once your plans/destination is firm and when there is an offer that shows at 18+ to check-in (or whatever age it is that you require)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 21+ I saw was not on Hotwire. I just looked on the website of one resort in that area and that is what i saw. How common that is I don't know. i emailed the resort and they told me as long as someone over 21 with a credit card checks in, it will be okay.  That is not what how the policy is stated on their website. A big part of what will determine our plans are what hotel this is. 

Almost every inquiry I have made on this board are for trips I actually made. Many times I don't end up using Hotwire because I can get points if I find a property that gives points. I use Hotwire when it makes sense to do so.

1 hour ago, moreofless said:

Also, I have looked at a couple properties and I am seeing both parties must be over 21 to check in.

I have only seen this at adult-only properties... which are usually all-inclusive type of places in the Caribbean (Dominican Republic, Jamaica, etc)

Always try to first find your best deal getting/using points, then ask for help identifying properties... as the hotels currently available may not be the ones offered once you decide that an opaque purchase is the way to go... and you know exactly what it is that you're trying to beat.

The blind hotels change all the time and so does the rates on those properties.  Usually I book something at a property where I receive points so I know I will have a place to stay then look for a better deal.  Do to my personal situation, I cannot plan far in advance and my plans do change.

As input to my decision making process I am strongly considering the property which is the subject of this thread. I am not looking for a lesson on how I should plan my trips. You don't know my situation.

Researching hotels can be a very time consuming process, so we ask that your plans be firm and you ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase at the price currently offered (assuming you like the hotel guessed).  This helps us reply to everyone on the board that is seeking help in timely manner.

For the offer above:

3.5* Treasure Island for $104.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> best guess would be the Bilmar Beach Resort

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 11:17 AM, thereuare said:

Researching hotels can be a very time consuming process, so we ask that your plans be firm and you ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase at the price currently offered (assuming you like the hotel guessed).  This helps us reply to everyone on the board that is seeking help in timely manner.

For the offer above:

3.5* Treasure Island for $104.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> best guess would be the Bilmar Beach Resort

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you for the information.

This was the Bilmar Beach Resort. We changed our dates of stay to October 23, 2016 to October 28, 2016. Since it was all weekdays, the rate dropped to $89 per night plus the $20 day resort fee.

The Bilmar looks to be a motel converted to a resort.  It is located directly on the beach and it appears all of the rooms are ocean view. Free convenient parking! This is a nice functional property. I would defiantly stay there again.

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed and that the property worked well for your needs.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]