Priceline Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Omni William Penn Hotel

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Fairly methodical bid...started at $67, rebid $69 and then accepted at $70 (Pittsburgh's only 4-stars are downtown, so many many free rebid zones currently). 

This property showed on Hotwire (identifiable as boutique 4-star) but the Westin matched the only 4-star on Priceline Express Deals. 

I then tried a Priceline VP search and that displayed the Omni by far as cheapest ($260+ less than next 4-star as 3-day package). 

Have stayed at this hotel previously and loved it -- the Omni touch the the central location-classic feel.  On proprietary hotel site, I verified this is for one queen bed -- for me, not a problem (I'll ask for king if possible) as I'm traveling solo (but this could be a problem for couples or others with specific needs).

FYI if anyone else is looking to book/bid...pretty inexpensive weekend rates also as all three major sports teams (Pitt, Steelers, Pens) are away or off that weekend.  I considered waiting til closer (in hopes of a promo code or dropping rates), but liked the idea of locking in this property given the almost-certainty of receiving it.

Bid began via BB link for PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]