Santa Fe, New Mexico - Looking for a cheap car rental

HH2011
By HH2011,
in

What are the dates of your rental and when will your pick-up/drop-off times be firm? (ie- determined whether you need a one or two day rental)

What care class/type are you looking for?

Using the CARS button of our BiddingHelper.com tool what is the best rate you're able to find for this rental?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Pick Up:  Sunday Sept 25 noon

Drop Off: Monday Sept 26 9 pm

- Economy or Mid-Size will work and we'd do Mid-Size if the price is not that much more

- To fit 4 people

- I saw $19 per day as the best price on Priceline earlier today, but now I am seeing $44 (thank you for the BiddingHelper.com link)

Any advice on this ?

Are you flying in?  It looks like the only rental companies at the airport are Avis and Hertz, so there is not really much competition, nor do you have much time to make any lowball offers.

I would reserve your best rate that is either refundable or does not require a credit card, then try bidding $30 and if rejected, then $35... if that is rejected stick with the back-up offer that you book (presumable $44/day)

Your only other option is to rent something near the airport but not part of the airport rentals and take a taxi to the location... but my guess is that the savings on a 2 day rental will not be enough to make up the taxi fare, inconvenience, etc.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for the info.  We are already here, and are taking Uber which has been great, but we want to drive to a few locations a few hours away hence the rental car.

Is there a rental car company in Santa Fe ? or just at the airport ?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]