Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Dallas (Downtown Dallas - Art District) Crowne Plaza Downtown

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Howdy, a bit stumped (although hardly ever) and hoping you may have insight on this.

For 4* Market Center/Love Field zone, I'm hoping to get Warwick Melrose as its on public transportation line -- and in a neighborhood with lost of restaurants and the like (other properties almost require rental car and are not among a lot of stuff.)

Priceline Express deals is showing only these amenities with guest rating of 8*:

• Business Center
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

The price displayed is $85 with a retail rate of $157.  There are three possibilities (all have guest rating in the 8s):

• Warwick Melrose (retail rate $163)
  • Renaissance Dallas hotel (retail rate $159)
  • Hilton Anatole (retail rate $169)

Also, FWIW that Pool and Fitness Facility are not  stated amenities, which would lead to Warwick.  But as all hotels are 8*+ and PL doesn't have to state all amenities, I'm not comfortable guessing and being wrong.  Additionally, I tried a dummy VP and order of cheapest Air-hotel packages came back with Anatole (with Anatole cheapest by far - by $150+ - and then Ren and then Warwick.

Thoughts?   I'm really hesitant as this'd be a 2-day vaca and need to be somewhat central to be able to come-go and pit-stop fairly quickly.  Otherwise I'll stay downtown (when rates drop a bit or gulp and stay at Crowne Plaza via Hotwire).

Thank you in advance.  (And of course any purchase or bid will be via your PRICELINE / HOTWIRE links as always.)

Thanks, that's what I was thinking...kind of risky.  Even if an amenity is omitted, it doesn't mean you won't get a hotel that has that amenity or amenities.  Trying to avoid a location that isn't easily connected to public transit and is in a decent walkable area (to-from transit)...Market Center would be a disaster but Oaklawn or downtown would be perfect.  I already have Plan B for downtown, probably going to wait it out (got Sheraton last year as it got closer (within about a week of arrival)...as hoping to avoid Crowne Plaza which is cheap now on Hotwire.

You can also try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to zoom in on the map and see what your options are near mass transit points.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So does the Renaissance work for you this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nah, Renaissance is horrible option and what I was trying to avoid (along with Hilton Anatole)...Warwick or not at all in that zone.  Will probably book Hotwire downtown property instead, so there won't be additional follow up from me on this thread.  I will post the Hotwire win if goes as expected.  Thanks again for your help.

Pretty identifiable (as 3.5* plus TripAdvisor rating in correlating to retail rates).  So with the BB $15 off link, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do much better (maybe a better hotel but just wanted to get this out of the way).  This hotel's pricing started at $66-67 on Hotwire for a couple weeks, jumped into the mid-upper $70s, then back to the current $64.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)
Business center

Self-service

Laundry Internet access
Golf nearby

Accessibility:

Accessible for visually impaired
Accessible for hearing impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking
Roll-in shower

Rate per night $64.00
Nights 2
Rooms ( 2 adults ) 1
Subtotal $128.00
Tax recovery charges + fees $30.23
Discount -$15.00 (thanks, Better Bidding!!!)
Hotwire total $143.23

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]