Manhattan 4* - October 20-24

dwarv
By dwarv,
in

Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking for a 4 star hotel in Manhattan from October 20th trough October 24th for our party of 5 people. We're visiting NY for the first time and are pretty flexible regarding the location (the easier for sight seeing the better).

I understand that the Fall in NYC is traditionally a busy period in the city. My idea is to spend around 165$ plus tax per room (3 rooms in total) and I'm looking for the best value.

Your help is really appreciated, keep up the great work!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Lower East Side zone for $167/nite with:

Free Internet

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

==> both the Wyndham Garden Chinatown and Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, so either of these would be my best guess for this one

The LES zone is not the most convenient location for the average visitor, but it's certainly do-able, and i don't see much else at the 4* level that is currently offered within your budget (or if anyone else in your group is making the purchase please as them to do the same)... or you could try bidding on PRICELINE if you're willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take the HOTWIRE offer) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the HW Identification help!

We used Priceline with great success around Florida in the past. Are there any bidding strategies for trying to get a decent 4* hotel located in Manhattan via Priceline? As I understand there a practically no 4* rebid zones left, correct?

How should I prioritize/cluster my zones to end up in the most convenient location? Any recommendations? 

I will use the links on the board for bidding.

Thank you so much! 

18 hours ago, dwarv said:

I guess everything in Manhattan is acceptable except Bronx, Washington Heights, Morningside Heights?

If any zone other than the ones above are acceptable, then why not the HOTWIRE offer listed above for $167/nite (less the extra discount linked my signature below)... although note that one of the guessed hotels, the Holiday Inn Lower East Side, is 3.5* rated by PRICELINE (but 4* by HOTWIRE)

Do you have an issue with the two hotels guessed or is it that you wanted to bid on PRICELINE for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help so far - I was just about to book and spotted a new Hotel via HOTWIRE:

4-star Hotel in World Trade Center - Wall Street area

80% recommended (148 reviews) Good

Free Internet, 

Smoke-free rooms, 

Fitness center, 

Restaurant(s), 

Business center 

$165 USD 

Could this one be "World Center Hotel" or "The Doubletree Financial District"?

Looks like a great location / deal to me with a lot of major sights and a Metro Stop close by...

Thanks! 

Are you still seeing this listing when searching? I'm seeing a different 4* in this zone for $189 that has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, as well as a 4.5* for $190 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

>> The 4.5* for $190 has not yet been ID'd/reported, but my guess is that it may be the W Downtown with a slightly different amenity set.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

I got some different price points, but I'm seeing the same hotels:

4.5-star Hotel in World Trade Center - Wall Street area

85% recommended (168 reviews) Great!

Pet friendly, 

Boutique hotel, 

Smoke-free rooms, 

Fitness center, 

Restaurant(s), 

Business center, 

Self-service laundry, 

Internet access 

---

$203

as well as the one above

4-star Hotel in World Trade Center - Wall Street area

80% recommended (148 reviews) Good

Free Internet, 

Smoke-free rooms, 

Fitness center, 

Restaurant(s), 

Business center 

---

$165

Both seem to be unidentified, so I'm thinking about going with the cheaper one...

I'm not seeing the 4* for $165 so can't confirm, but guesses are either the Club Quarters Wall Street or an upgraded Club Quarters World Trade. However, these amenities are very common and it could certainly be something else not yet reported to the board/ID'd.

Thank you for keeping us updated and let us know if you have any additional questions.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each:

4* at $163/nite with:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Wheelchair Accessible

==> best guess for this one would be the DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Financial District

4.5* for $191/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

==> the W Hotel Downtown would be my guess here

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]