Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) Westin Chicago River North

bassmanrl
By bassmanrl,
in

Hi, I'm looking to stay one night for our anniversary in chicago around the Magnificent Mile area on 9/25-9/26. Found two hotels that interest me. Was wondering if anyone would have any ideas of which hotels they are. Also, most say Pet Friendly, are those clean, I have some allergies.

1. 4.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area -   95% recommended Amazing! $97. 

Amenities: Free Internet, Business center,Pet friendly,Restaurant(s)

2. 4.5-star Boutique Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area - 100% recommended Top rated! $133 

Amenities: Free Internet, Boutique hotel,Business center,Fitness center,Pet friendly,Restaurant(s),Smoke-free rooms

thanks for your help

I'm not sure of the two properties above (AaronJB may have some guesses as he is local t the area) but i'll mention the following 4.5* Mag Mile - Gold Coast hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the W Chicago - Lakeshore

I'm also seeing this 4.5* Downtown - River North property for $103/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Westin Chicago River North would be my best guess here

Do either of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (and how it goes if you take one of the options above) and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi I don't see any of the two you mentioned above. This is what I find. 

1. 4.5-star Hotel in Downtown Chicago - River North area $99 - 95% recomended

Amenities - Boutique hotelBusiness centerFitness centerGolf nearbyInternet accessPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

2. 4.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area - $94 - 95% recomended

Amenities - Business centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s), Free Internet

Congrats on your anniversary! 

Are you seeing the above options when clicking on the links provided (and those links are to PRICELINE EXPRESS) or are you getting a different page when you click on those links?

I'll also note I'm seeing on HOTWIRE

River North-NMA 4.5* $108 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

>>> Not yet ID'd/reported, but I'll guess the James with the addition of golf since last reported.

Let us know more about what you are looking for (style, location or any other aspects) and I would be happy to research and offer some suggestions based on what I find, although I'd happily take that Westin River North deal for $102 as I've liked that hotel quite a bit (and I'd rather stay near River North than right near Michigan Ave.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi, 

oooh! i was looking in Hotwire. thats why I wasn't seeing them. 

Thanks. I'm looking for something 4 star or higher. Something nice. For the night of 9/25-9/26. Looking for something walking distance from Michigan ave. it doesn't have to be right on Michigan. 

I have a question, I notice that most of these hotels are Pet Friendly can you tell there were dogs in the rooms or are there ususally specific pet friendly rooms in each hotel?

thanks for your help.

How would parking work since i'm driving in from out of town

59 minutes ago, bassmanrl said:

Looking for something walking distance from Michigan ave.

So does the proposed Westin River North work for your needs?  It appears to be a short 4 block walk to Michigan Ave.

59 minutes ago, bassmanrl said:

Pet Friendly can you tell there were dogs in the rooms or are there ususally specific pet friendly rooms in each hotel?

This would obviously be a case-by-case basis, but most hotels now have separate rooms that are designated for pets (or sometimes complete floors).  After you win a hotel you can call the property and see if pets are assigned to specific rooms/floors, and if so, request a non-pet room/floor, informing them that you're highly allergic.

1 hour ago, bassmanrl said:

How would parking work since i'm driving in from out of town

You'll pay for parking... directly with the hotel will likely be very expensive, but you can usually find less expensive parking nearby at a lot/garage not affiliate with the hotel. (ie- drop your bags off at the hotel, go park your car, then return to the hotel... reverse at check-out)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3 hours ago, thereuare said:

I'm also seeing this 4.5* Downtown - River North property for $103/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Westin Chicago River North would be my best guess here

Just click the link above to be taken directly to the deal. :wink:

... and please reply to your messages. (ie- click this link to go to your messenger)

Thanks.

Congrats on your success.

Outstanding deal for this property, which I think is one of the nicer properties downtown at the 4* level or higher. If you can talk them into a river view upgrade on a higher floor, those rooms also provide potentially fantastic views of the river, looking East or West.

You can park at the Millennium Park lot and walk over to the hotel or look for a garage in the area.

Thanks for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 7 months later...

So glad to hear that you had a nice stay at this property! Thanks for the follow-up review and happy to hear you had a nice time in Chicago.

We look forward to helping with future trips!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]