Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square - Back Bay) Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel

interregina
By interregina,
in

I’m going to Boston for two nights next weekend for pleasure and had been monitoring this site and links, trying to find a way to stay in the Theater District or Copley Square for under 300 per night.  I even considered two separate bids and the possibility of a hotel change, but the HOTWIRE combined rate for two nights was better than two single night rates.  Tonight I saw an outrageously low HOTWIRE Hot Rate of 212 for Copley Square 4* but I did want to try NYOP and I knew at 4* there were a lot of rebid zones, so I used this NYOP strategy for a 4* in Copley Square or Theater District:

Bid 180 rejected

Add zone bid 184 rejected

Add zone bid 188 rejected

Add zone bid 192 rejected

Add zone bid 196 rejected

Add zone bid 199 rejected

Add zone bid 202 rejected

Add zone bid 205 rejected

Add zone bid 208 rejected

Add zone bid 211 rejected

I returned to the Hotwire Hot Rate for Copley Square 4* for 212/night BUT when I clicked through the price changed to 304/night, which I didn’t want.  I continued researching and found a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for 4* Copley Square for 245 which was also now on Hotwire Hot Rate Deals for 244 so I continued the same strategy.  I had leftover bidding zones to add but I was able to use all rebid zones:

215 rejected

Add zone bid 218 rejected

Add zone bid 223 rejected

Add zone bid 228 rejected

Add zone bid 232 won

Loews Boston Hotel

Room subtotal:         $464.00

Taxes & fees:            $84.94

Total charged today:  $548.94

I feel that this is substantially less than a rack rate and I’m very pleased with the location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]