Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Mission Valley East - Central San Diego) Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

Just booked this for a one-nighter, through BetterBidding's PRICELINE link. As we just need a bed to sleep in, this will do.

Amenities: Pets Allowed /  Free Parking /  Free Internet / Free Breakfast / No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Although listed in Priceline's Kearny-Mesa area as a 2-1/2*, on BetterBidding's hotel list, it is listed under Mission Valley East - Central San Diego as a 2*. 

thanks as always for the resources!

Congrats on your success.

Excellent win for this property and glad the hotel will work out okay for your travel plans.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating and zone for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List. (we will be updating all of the PRICELINE zones in the coming weeks to make sure they are consistent with any new zone names/boundaries)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I am not a complainer, but felt I needed to follow-up for the benefit of future Priceline users. 

This Extended Stay American location is not a 2-1/2* quality; our room was not even a 2*. As I showed above, the amenities promised including "non-smoking rooms and facilities." We were given a smoking room, and when we asked for a non-smoking were told that since we booked through Priceline, we had to take what they gave us and they could not move us. It smelled pretty bad. In addition, the TV did not work, the outlets in the bathroom did not work, there were NO cups provided even in the bathroom, and at 2:00 am, the refrigerator in the kitchenette defrosted and leaked water over most of the floor. We were up mopping it up with the two tiny towels provided. We did tell the desk clerk the next morning, and she was very nice but did not seem surprised by our list of problems. She reiterated that as Priceline customers, we had to take whatever they gave us.

This was such an opposite experience to last week's Priceline Express experience, I had forgotten that sometimes it just doesn't work well. San Diego is a tough city to get a "deal" in, unfortunately we are there frequently to visit our kids.

Thanks again for the BetterBidding service, and here's to better luck next trip!

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good stay/experience at this property.

Not sure if you checked-in very late and just wanted to go to sleep, but given PRICELINE EXPRESS promised a non-smoking room, and the hotel confirmed that you were given a smoking room, i would have called PRICELINE at that time and had them work with the hotel to either give you a non-smoking room or a refund (assuming you would have had time to find alternate accommodations)

Always (as you did) try to resolve the situation with the hotel desk clerk first, then with hotel management, and then if unsuccessful get PRICELINE / HOTWIRE involved... when your PRICELINE EXPRESS purchased guaranteed a non-smoking room, the answer of 'you have to take what we give you' is unacceptable.

Thanks for the follow-up and feedback for this property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you, Thereuare, you are always so helpful and professional. Yes, we did check in too late to make other arrangements, and planned to leave early the next morning, so we tried to make the best of it. I have emailed Priceline, and really would just like them to pay attention to their partners and star levels.

As my husband said, it's knowledge for the next round. ;-)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]