Priceline Hotel: 4* Dallas (Galleria - Dallas North) Crowne Plaza Dallas, Near the Galleria

uos
By uos,
in

star rating - 4*

city and zone - Galleria area, Dallas

travel dates - 10/08 - 10/12

room rate per nite in US Dollars - $ 75 USD

amenities associated with the hotel (if applicable) - Free Internet

Can someone help me know what hotel is this? I have bid up to $75 for above on Aug 28. Express Deals with the same amenities and same zone 4* is $94. Will it be wise to wait?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not sure i'm following your post...

Do you see a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer at $75/nite in the Galleria - Dallas North zone... or is that simply what you had bid (and were rejected)?

I'm seeing this 4* Galleria - Dallas North zone hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $94/ntie with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this property would be the Crowne Plaza Dallas, Near The Galleria (although technically PRICELINE EXPRESS is showing this property as being 7+ user review rating, but looking at the Crowne Plaza the current review rating is 6.9.  PRICELINE says they don't round up at all, but my experience has been that at times they do)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response and answering my question. I may have confused the reader a bit, sorry.

What i was saying was, looking at a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at $94 for the 4* Galleria hotel, I placed the bid for the same zone 4* Galleria hotel in the Name Your Own Price tool for up to $75 and got rejected. I believe they are both the same hotel Crown Plaza you mentioned. Ideally I would like to get the 4* Westin Galleria or a 4.5* in Downtown.

I did similar bid before for a Downtown zone 4.5* hotel and bid up to $120 and got rejected. The current Express Deals mentions $135 for 4.5* in Downtown zone Oct 8 - 12.

Amenities for the Downtown zone 4.5* are:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Indoor or Outdoor Swimming pool

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

Can you guess which hotel is above in the Downtown zone?

Also in the Name Your Own Price tool, I have noticed if I bid for just 4* hotels in Downtown Dallas area then it adds a HOTEL FEE of $60. Not sure why. But it jacks up the price where I think its best to go for a 4.5* in Downtown that goes without any Hotel Fees.

17 hours ago, uos said:

Name Your Own Price tool for up to $75 and got rejected. I believe they are both the same hotel Crown Plaza you mentioned.

They could be, but when you're bidding on PRICELINE you are not bidding on a specific hotel, you're bidding on any hotel in the zone at the star rating or higher that you select.  The amenities shown next to the star rating on the bidding side of PRICELINE are amenities that are offered at every hotel in the zone at that star rating, not a specific hotel that you would be bidding on (in fact, at this point of the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet checked inventory for your dates, so they wouldn't be listed amenities for any specific hotel)

17 hours ago, uos said:

if I bid for just 4* hotels in Downtown Dallas area then it adds a HOTEL FEE of $60

Priceline is showing you a 'worst case scenario'.  If any hotel(s) in the zone at the star rating you're bidding charge a resort fee, they will list this amount on any bids you place, since if you won the hotel with this resort fee you would need to pay this amount directly to the hotel upon check-out.  Of course if you win a hotel in this zone without any resort fee, then there is nothing to pay directly to the hotel (and your total 'all-in' cost would be less than what is shown on this 'review your bid before we submit it' page).

Confirm your dates on the landing page, but for this 4.5* Downtown Dallas hotel for $135/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> my guess would be the Hyatt Regency Dallas

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. If I understand this correctly, for the betterbidding.com's PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals Hotel List in 4* Dallas (Galleria), i only see 4* (Galleria) Le Meridian and 4* (Galleria) The Westin Galleria. So if I get the Express deal for this area and star, I will most likely be getting these 2 mentioned hotels, correct? even though there are other 4* hotels in the area.

No, as per the message at the top of the Priceline Express Hotel List, the lists only contain information that has been reported to the board.  As per my previous reply above:

On 8/29/2016 at 1:55 PM, thereuare said:

I'm seeing this 4* Galleria - Dallas North zone hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $94/ntie with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this property would be the Crowne Plaza Dallas, Near The Galleria (although technically PRICELINE EXPRESS is showing this property as being 7+ user review rating, but looking at the Crowne Plaza the current review rating is 6.9.  PRICELINE says they don't round up at all, but my experience has been that at times they do)

The hotel above is 4* started and in the Galleria-Dallas North zone, and my guess is neither the Le Meridien nor The Westin... the Crowne Plaza has just not yet been reported to the board as a PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and that this property will work well for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]