Priceline Hotel: Question regarding description match ups

Mer9869
By Mer9869,
in

Hello,

I am looking at a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in Raleigh- Durham (NC) for 2.5 star as a backup plan. The location is Research Triangle and is advertised for $38 with a guest score of 7+/10. There is only one hotel I would hope to avoid, which is the Extended Stay America Durham Research Triangle, which is a 2.5 but reflects a guest score of 6.9. Do you believe they would not include this hotel since they are advertising a 7+ guest score? I am just wondering if anyone has found the descriptions offered in Express deals to be inaccurate.

My hope/plan is to win a bid for the 3 star Research Triangle and have been rejected at $41 and $43 so far. Booking is for 8/12 for one night.

Thanks for any insight!

I have started to see a few hotels where my guess is slightly under the review rating shown, but have not yet seen it confirmed with a purchase, so not sure how PRICELINE would handle such a situation, although i would think they would offer a refund (assuming you could get somebody there to listen and understand the situation)

At current rates i think you are still a good deal away from winning a 3* hotel in this zone, you would more likely need to be in the $56-$63 range, imo.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I booked the 2.5 express deal and WAS given a room below the rating the offer advertised (Extended Stay). I promptly called customer service and although it took some arguing with the initial agent and some time, they refunded it after I was transferred to a customer resolution type center. This is the second time I have had an issue with Priceline       although I have had many good bookings with great savings. This is leaving me wary of booking with them. Hopefully this will help others be aware when booking. Thanks again.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay.

Can you please add the details of your purchase in a reply to this thread so we can update the topic title of this thread (as well as the Priceline Hotel List, if necessary) to reflect your win, as well as have your purchase appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and our Priceline Maps.

In your reply please include the star rating, city, zone, full hotel name (and address), room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities associated with the hotel and shown before your purchase.

For the future if you ask the board for help prior to your purchase we can take an educated guess as to what it is that you may likely receive and minimize the chance of disappointment.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]