Priceline Hotel: Downtown Denver trip in October

sailorkmartin
By sailorkmartin,
in

I am planning a trip from october 4 to october 8 in denver. I want a four star hotel in the Downtown Denver area. Worst case I guess i could take the express deal for a 4 star in Downtown Denver. My fear with that deal is I really dont want the Warwick Denver. I checked the ammenities and it seems like it will be the Westin Denver Downtown though. Where i really need help is with my bidding results . I cant seem to find any amenities listed for a 4 star down town bid. I would really love to bid and stay at a 4 star while getting under the 230/night range.

Any ideas?

The issue with bidding is that you have to be willing to accept any hotel within the zone/s picked at the star rating chosen (and there is always the possibility of being upgraded if there's a higher star rating in the zone.)

Are you willing to accept any property at the 4* rating in the downtown zone? If the Warwick is a "must avoid", then I wouldn't bid at that star  level in that zone and would look to PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, or bid at a higher star rating (although that may be over budget.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm a member, not anybody official from the board.  But if I had your budget and your wishes (not Warwick), I think the first thing I'd try would be bidding 4.5* in the Downtown area up to the $230.  It probably wouldn't work, but stranger things have happened.  

Romelle

So i think I have come to terms with any 4 star hotel in the downtown area.  What I did notice over the last few days is during the day time there is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 230 a night and the only thing they tell you is it is atleast 7/10 rated. Later at night the deal disappears and a 4 star 274 a night deal replaces it. on this deal the ammenities are (pet friendly,business center,restaurant,free wifi, free breakfast,pool,fitness,no smoking).

Do you think this is the same hotel for both deals? Any idea what hotel that would be?  Am i better off just naming my price at 4* and just increasing my bid little by little.

Thanks for the help

They are likely two different PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels.

Are you sure of the amenity set you listed above, as Free Breakfast is fairly uncommon at most 4 star hotels, and this is the amenity set i'm seeing for the current 4* Hotel in the Downtown Denver zone (confirm your dates on the landing page) offered for $274/nite:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this property would be the Grand Hyatt Denver

Whether to take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal vs. bidding on PRICELINE depends just how much you really are OK with any 4* hotel in the downtown zone vs. trying to avoid the Warwick (or any other 4* or higher rated property)

Let us know if you want to take a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, or if you decide to and are ready to bid, let us know your maximum bid price and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]