Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 5* Barcelona hotel 9/23-9/26/16

cch08
By cch08,
in

Not sure about the HOTWIRE offer above, but i am seeing this 5* Las Ramblas North hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $229/nite with:

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento which gets very good reviews (including a 9+ by previous PRICELINE guests), would this one work for your plans this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for keeping us updated and good luck with bidding!

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance at all and please remember to closer this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I am really intrigued by this PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, especially because I would LOVE to stay at this particular hotel, but I'm wondering if might score well doing a 5* Las Ramblas North hotel Name Your Own Price attempt.  Is it ok to ask what your bidding strategy would be for this section of Barcelona for a 5*?  I will, of course, use your PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links no matter what I end up doing.

Please first decide if you want to take the PRICELINE EXPRESS in hopes of targeting this particular hotel or if price is more important and you prefer to try bidding for any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.... there just isn't any point in researching and typing out a bidding strategy if you instead decide that you would rather target this specific property thru PRICELINE EXPRESS.

If you decide that you'd like to try bidding, and are ready to bid now, let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy accordingly.

Keep in mind that while you're thinking about it, PRICELINE could make the decision for you by having the hotel above disappear entirely or have the price go up beyond what you're willing to pay.

Let us know what you decide (and how it goes if you take the offer above) or how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply.  I definitely don't want to waste your time with research.  While I would love to stay here, if I can get a 5* Las Ramblas North hotel for sub $200/night, I would be willing to do that instead.  I do realize that the Express Deal can slip away at any time.   

Also, can you just confirm that if I click on the active link you sent me to the specific Express Deal in your earlier reply will give you credit if I decide to go with that.  

Thanks again for everything.

Yes, if you click any of the link in this thread we will get credit (and the 3rd post from the top has a link directly to the 5* offer that i'm guessing to be the Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento).

If i understand you correctly you'd like to first try bidding for a 5* hotel in this zone up to $200/nite?  If so:

When bidding 5* in this region you have SEVENTEEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Las Ramblas North - Paseo de Gracia...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

On 8/9/2016 at 2:14 PM, thereuare said:

Keep in mind that while you're thinking about it, PRICELINE could make the decision for you by having the hotel above disappear entirely or have the price go up beyond what you're willing to pay.

2x

As noted, that is the problem with using a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal as your back-up plan... it can be gone the next time you look.

However, i am currently able to book (at least up to the booking page to put in my credit card info) when using the link provided in my first post of this thread (3rd post from the top)

Are you able to book it now?

Yes, I know it was a gamble and one that I didn't win, so far. 

Yep, tried through the link. In fact, I falsely felt a sense of security of still having this option because it allowed me to enter my CC info.  But when I push it through I get a "this deal is no longer available"

Live and learn, and sometime a gamble is just that.  I'll keep my eye on it, and then bid if it appears there's no movement in 5* options for this area in PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals and HOTWIRE

Curious if either of these current Hotwire deals are the Hotel Casa Fuster, but doubtful since neither mention a pool:

5-star Hotel in Passeig de Gràcia - Casa Batlló - Shopping District area, $181/night, 100% recommended, 4.5 out of 5 TripAdvisor (1001 - 1500 reviews)

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Airport shuttleBusiness centerFitness centerPet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)

OR

5-star Boutique Hotel in Passeig de Gràcia - Casa Batlló - Shopping District area, $184/night, 90% recommended, 4 out of 5 (501 - 1000 reviews)

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Boutique hotelFitness centerRestaurant(s)

I suspect the first is the Hotel Claris, and the second is the Eurostars BCN Design

I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Does this new/updated link to this 5* Las Ramblas North - Paseo de Gracia hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $231/nite allow you to book?

3 hours ago, cch08 said:

Curious if either of these current Hotwire deals are the Hotel Casa Fuster, but doubtful since neither mention a pool:

5-star Hotel in Passeig de Gràcia - Casa Batlló - Shopping District area, $181/night, 100% recommended, 4.5 out of 5 TripAdvisor (1001 - 1500 reviews)

Hotel details

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

OR

5-star Boutique Hotel in Passeig de Gràcia - Casa Batlló - Shopping District area, $184/night, 90% recommended, 4 out of 5 (501 - 1000 reviews)

Hotel details

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

I suspect the first is the Hotel Claris, and the second is the Eurostars BCN Design

Updated with full amenities, thanks for the tip.  What are your thoughts on that first one being Casa Fuster?  I'm thinking no, since it doesn't list it as a boutique hotel? If you think not, I'll move forward with the link you provided.  Again, many thanks.

I believe the Casa Fuster Hotel does not allow pets, which if correct, would exclude the first one from being this property.

Good luck with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal completing and let us know how it goes.

Edited to say: Initially your link didn't work, then it did take me to that deal - and unfortunately it once again said "this deal is no longer available" 

If you can think of another way for me to search for it, I will.  Otherwise, I'll keep looking for it.  Thanks for all of your replies and help.  If it pops up again, I'll jump on it.  

Unfortunately, if you are not able to go through check-out, then there appears to be no further inventory at this point. Given that there is no guarantee it will become available again, which of the discussed options above is a preferable alternative to consider? The PRICELINE EXPRESS listing may come back, but there is always the risk that everything else will also move higher while you wait.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]