Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Richmond (West End) Best Western Executive Hotel

harliequinn85
By harliequinn85,
in

Good morning!

Looking for help in finding a decent place to stay in the downtown Richmond area from Wed, Oct 5th to Sat Oct 8th.

It's for a conference and me and my friend have limited budgets. Anything without bedbugs is optimal!

What can I expect with a $65/day budget in this zone?

Any help is appreciated!! xo

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE currently has a 3* hotel in the Downtown-Central zone for $61/nite with:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

==> this matches previous reports for the Clarion Hotel Central so that would be my best guess here

There is also a 2.5* in the same zone offered for $56/nite with:

Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==> my guess here would be the Quality Inn and Suites

Neither get very good reviews, but that is all i'm seeing in this zone and within your budget... to get something nicer (such as the Linden Row Inn) you would need to be in the $100-$110 range.

Do either of the above work for your needs... or would you be able to increase your budget and/or consider a location outside of 'downtown'?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take either of the above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thus far!

My friend and I are attending a conference at the Richmond Marriott all week.

My friend doesn't want to spend more than $65/night, which would be around $30 each. Price is a priority for her. Distance/Quality is mine.

I don't mind looking elsewhere, but nothing too far from the Marriott. Like maybe less than 10 minutes by Uber. I've never been to Richmond before.

I convinced her that I could get a better deal than an apartment rental. (edited to add, i might go for the 2.5* HOTWIRE deal as a last resort)

You'll want to study those PL and HW maps yourself, but a quick www.rome2rio.com check of distances suggests the middle of downtown Richmond is about a $9 Uber ride from the middle of the PL West End area.  And the Airport zone looks to be a similar distance the other way.  You might consider those zones.  I don't know Richmond either.  You might look at the hotel lists and see what other bidders have received for those zones.  

Alternatively, you might consider just PL bidding the downtown area.  And if it doesn't work within the $65, maybe add in the Uber cost of the rides from the more distant areas (+~$20?).  Sometimes one can do a little better via bidding than PRICELINE EXPRESS or HW.  

You mentioned "all week", yet your date range is only for 3 nights?

Romelle

18 hours ago, harliequinn85 said:

My friend doesn't want to spend more than $65/night, which would be around $30 each.

Is your friend only willing to pay $30 all-in, as both of the offers above will be more than that one taxes/fees are included.

How much do you think a 10 minute taxi/uber ride will cost in the area... why not put this money towards a nicer hotel?

You can also use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, enter the address of the Marriott, and see what is available in the immediate area if anything is close to your target budget.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm taking your advice. 

I expanded my area to West End, because nothing nice was in that price range downtown. Ten mins in uber is $12

On HOTWIRE, there is a 2.5 star hotel for $71/night. 

Complimentary

Free InternetFree parking

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerPet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Self-service laundry

What hotel could this be?

19 hours ago, harliequinn85 said:

On HOTWIRE, there is a 2.5 star hotel for $71/night

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 2.5* star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

==> unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board, but with a 3.0/5.0 TA rating i wouldn't be too optimistic

I will add that i am seeing what i believe to be:

Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad for $69/nite

Best Western Executive Hotel for $46/nite

Holiday Inn I 64 W Crossroads for $83/nite

... would any of these work for your needs?

Confirm your dates on the landing page, but the following link should be for a 2.5* Richmond West End hotel for $46/nite with:

Free Parking

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Best Western Executive Hotel

PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE offers can last a long time, or they could disappear the very next time you search... if your plans are firm and this property works well for your needs (and budget) i would take it now.  What would be the rational behind waiting?

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will work out perfectly for your needs this trip!

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add the amenity set for this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]