Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) The Godfrey Hotel Chicago

miiint
By miiint,
in

Hello:

I am looking for some help securing a 4 or 4.5 star hotel in Chicago, Millennium Mile area for Sept 30-Oct 2.

Budget is $150-$200CAD per night (so cap is approx. $150 US)

Was looking at either the
4.5 star hotel in Magnificent Mile- Water Tower Area (85% recommended)
Amenities:

Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms, Spa services

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired,Accessible for hearing impaired

OR

4 star hotel in Navy Pier - Millennium Park area (95% recommended)

Amenities

Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Internet access, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

OR
4.5 star Boutique hotel in Downtown Chicago- River North (95% recommended)

Free Internet,

Amenities

Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms, Spa services

OR
4 star Boutique hotel in Chicago Loop- Theater District (90% recommended)

Amenities

Boutique hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Spa services

Accessibility

Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Is anyone able to help with ID'ing the above? Recommendations? Originally I wanted to stay at the W Lakeshore, not sure if that is the same area. Thanks so much in advance!!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

A few highlights:

HOTWIRE:

4.5* $145 Downtown-River North Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa

>>> Godfrey. This is a very nice property in a location that couldn't be better - easy walk to a lot of restaurants and nightlife in River North. The only note would be to make sure you get a room on a higher floor to avoid the open air bar on a lower floor.

4.5* $140 Downtown-Water Tower Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

>>> Likely Westin Michigan Ave. If you want to be right in the center of the Michigan Ave shopping area, you can't do much better location-wise than this Westin property right near Water Tower and John Hancock. I do like the Westin River North more than the Westin Michigan Ave, but this is a fine choice on what is an otherwise rather expensive set of dates in the city.

4* $125 Navy Pier-MP Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

>>> Likely the Sheraton Grand. This is kind of a generic "convention" property, but it's a nice enough hotel right on the river. Very pleasant area, great location.

Let us know if you have any questions on the above listings before booking.

Do you have any particular plans/need to be near something in particular? I'm very familiar with the city and would be happy to make recommendations/suggestions based more upon what you are looking for (and I'd be happy to answer any general city questions.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'll add to the above that to see the complete amenity set for some of these offers (that AaronJB has listed) you need to search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool and click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to each of the listings.

It could always be something other than what we have guessed (as we can't see the hotel name either), but AaronJB knows this area very well and i agree with this guess, as it matches previous reports for this property as per the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Godfrey is a very nice property - enjoyed my stay there quite a bit. Personally, as someone familiar with the area, it's not a priority for me to be near MIchigan Ave; I'd rather be in River North (which the Godfrey is extremely convenient to) or the Gold Coast. There's also a very nice Whole Foods location literally a couple of blocks away from the Godfrey, so easy option to bring back snacks/drinks to the hotel rather than expensive room service.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions (hotel or city.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]