Priceline Hotel: 08/12- Downtown Chicago 3-4 Star

ajay7711
By ajay7711,
in

Hi 

I am looking for 3 rooms in downtown chicago. My Budget 100 USD. I have a Minivan and a car for parking and i understand that this is an extra charge i need to pay. Any ideas to cut down Parking expenses or any data points on parking fees would be greatly appreciated.

Please help

-AJ

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Key West Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.) Closing threads is greatly appreciated, as the information helps others reading the thread and it keeps the board more organized.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please post in the thread linked what you decided - thanks.

As for this stay, I'll offer three broad options. Let us know which would be of interest, then we can go from there and offer more detailed recommendations.

1. Staying outside the city.

Pros: cheaper rates (certainly under $100), free parking.

Cons: Having to drive to nearest Metra train station and taking train downtown, which - depending on where you're coming from - may take anywhere from 35-55 minutes +/- a few each way. Train cost.

2. Staying right by McCormick Place.

Pros: near downtown, slightly cheaper by still going to be slightly over budget.

Cons: Nothing directly around it, requires mild train or taxi drive into downtown. Parking is not free.

3. Staying downtown

Pros: No transit cost, convenience.

Cons: Expensive parking. Parking will be as much as $60-70+ at the hotel or around $35 + city taxes at a city garage. Unfortunately, $100 is not going to be realistic for these dates downtown. You're probably looking at at least $125-145, depending on the zone and star rating.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the reply, i would like to Stay in Downtown as i am planning to See places around downtown and it saves me Lot of time considering iam only there for 1 night. Iam ok for the Price range

If i get for 125$ range and can park overnight at a city garage that should work. Trying to cut down wherever possible.

-AJ

For a 3* or better I think you're looking in the $125-$150 range, and most likely in the upper end of that range.

If you'd like to move forward bidding for a hotel please confirm which zones (by PRICELINE name) you're willing to accept, your maximum bid amount, and if you're willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* or if the goal is the least expensive 3* or better for this trip... we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing a 3* in the Loop for $150 (you may see a slightly different price) w/Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly. 

>>> This is a possible match for the La Quinta Loop, which is a newer property. It's not the most centrally located option downtown, but it's a fine location for a one night stay and it's a newer property. This is certainly over your desired budget unfortunately, but thought I'd suggest it from the standpoint of this guarantees breakfast, which is some added value if you planned to grab breakfast anyways. If you bid, you may not get a hotel with breakfast, as there's really not too terribly many hotels that offer it in Chicago.

Thank you for keeping us updated and keep checking, as hopefully a better deal will appear in the next few days (although again, there's no guarantee; prices can also go higher in the meantime.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]