Priceline Hotel: 4* Denver (Downtown) The Westin Denver Downtown

veinteuno
By veinteuno,
in

Currently bidding for a 4 star hotel in Downtown Denver. Originally started at $72, and have increased in $2 increments. For some of my bids in the 70s, I encountered something that I never have encountered before. A screen where you have to wait up to 15 minutes and then click to get the result of your bid? I got that for my bids at $76 and $78. When I got to $80 I got the option for their "oh that was so close" and "special" pricing. Declined that and rebid again. Last bid at $84 was declined.

Occasionally there's a delay in the search process and it gives you the "check back in 15" message.

Please keep us updated with your bidding progress and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Update: have bid in two dollar increments, all declined. Last bid was at $98.

Currently, HOTWIRE is showing a 4 star hotel at $107/night for a 4 star hotel, downtown Denver (central area). Contemplating taking that. Then again, that price doesn't include fees so, maybe I should bid up to $108 on PRICELINE, and see where I end up. Can you help ID the hotel or do I need to post in the HOTWIRE thread on here?

HOTWIRE can be a little more generous with stars than PRICELINE.  Maybe a 1/2 star.  So the HW 4* could be a Priceline 3.5*.  Lots of variance.  There are examples of exactly the same rating, examples of a full star difference, but there is definitely the tendency for a higher star rating on HW.  

I try to make a rough adjustment for that.  

And beyond this,  when comparing things between HW and PL, the number to compare is the bottom line after fees and taxes.  Not the bid amount.

You don't need to post in HOTWIRE.  All posts for the same stay are kept together, and then moved to the appropriate place when someone is done.  

For just $8 more than you have already bid you could take this 4* Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be The Westin Denver Downtown.  This is not only a cheaper room rate, but also on an all-in basis as well, and you know your comparing apples-to-apples to your PRICELINE bidding.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- if you do continue to bid on PRICELINE, please start with a PRICELINE link from the board and not from any of the emails that priceline may send indicating that you're eligible to bid again.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate both of your feedback, and the time you took to do some looking on my behalf. I did end up taking the 4* downtown hotel deal for $8 more. So, I paid $106. Extremely happy. As you suspected, this was for The Westin. I do enjoy Westin hotels so, I'm happy with this. I'm hesitant to clicking on "add reply and report a win" since I didn't acquire this room via straight up bid. Please advise on how you want the final entry logged. And again, thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success and than you for sharing your win with the board... glad to hear it was the hotel hoped and that you're pleased with the results.

We'll take care of reporting the win and editing the topic title, but for the future you can use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' as one of the first pieces of the form is asking which service you used (and one of the options is PRICELINE EXPRESS... and to add, if you had used HOTWIRE, selecting that option would automatically move this entire thread to that section of the board :smile:)

Have a great stay and enjoy the Westin heavenly bed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll have to remember to refer to your post the next time I bid and win, so I can report properly.

The button is gone now (as it can only be used once and we just used it to report your win) but in the future just click it and there is a form to fill out... very easy and not complicated at all; and if you do mess it up, we'll just edit it accordingly, no harm done. :smile:

5 minutes ago, veinteuno said:

Thanks again.

We're happy to have helped.. and are glad to see it work out so well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]