Priceline Hotel: Express Deals and "inventory changes"

STatefan
By STatefan,
in

Hoping you can help.  I'm trying to book 2 rooms using Express Deals in Midtown East or Rockefeller Center for 8/5-8/7 and 8/14-8/16.  Every time I choose one, I get the following message:

"Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below"

The deal I want then disappears from my search, only to show back up the next day and the cycle repeats itself.  Am I doing something wrong?

Note: happy to use the affiliate link.  I tried it and have the same problem.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

This happens when there is no longer inventory of a particular property. Unfortunately, listings are not always changed out right away. We'll use this thread for the 8/5-7 stay, please post a separate thread for the additional 8/14-16 stay.

For the 8/5-7 stay, which listings are you seeing this message for? When I click on the 4* and 4.5* properties in each of the two mentioned zones, I'm not seeing this message.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PRICELINE is usually pretty good about removing offers once they are no longer available, but occasionally some get stuck in a loop like this.

There are some other reasonably prices hotels offered for these dates, what is your maximum budget for this stay? (or were you only taking this trip based upon the unbelievably low rate of the sub-$100 offers above)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We were looking for the most cost effective option for our desired level of comfort.  This inventory message popped up for every option I chose no matter what the price was.  In the end, we rented an apt. because the PRICELINE cost for 2 rooms was more.  

I do appreciate the attempts to help.  We will be returning to NYC in the spring sans kids and will be back here to book something.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]