BNA Nashville Midsize Hertz

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

I love BB AZnd send lots of folks here but it's usually for a hotel. I need to start bidding on PL for a rental car for 5 days in September in Nashvillle TN (BNA) It would make sense to see recent winning prices (like You have with Hotels). Did I miss that part of the BB site?  The BEST price I found on line for Intermediate car for 5 days is with Payless for $174 before taxes; $246 nwith taxes and fees. I should be able to do much better with Priceline, I hope. Thanks for help.

From the main page, after the hotel information, is where we keep the Car Rental Section of the board (you can use this previous link to go directly to the information)

A well, if you're not aware, our BiddingHelper.com tool now also have a CAR RENTAL radio button so that you can easily check/compare rates before bidding.

If you let us know the date(s) of your rental we will have a look at rates and offer any suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. My dates are September 21 noon to Sept 26 noon for a compact or mid size (seems midsize are only a about $5.00 more PER WEEK).

Again: the BEST Rate I found  direct with Payless (in terminal) on line for Intermediate car for 5 days is with Payless for $174 before taxes; $246 with taxes and fees. That's $50 per day WITH taxes and fully cancelable , which seems high.

I've got some time to bid but would commit now if I could get a BIG discount since PL would be NON-cancelable.  Again thanks for guidance.

ThaNKS FOR HELP! I ALWAYS use the BB pl and HOTWIRE link.

HOTWIRE has a Compact car for $26/day which comes to $205 all-in.

Only issue (or may not be an issue at all) is that i see that Advantage Rent a Car is now one of the possible winning rental companies thru HOTWIRE, which i consider this (along with Payless and a multitude of others) to be 'second tier' rental companies (vs. the top tier companies such as Hertz, Budget, Dollar, Avis, etc)... are you willing to accept Advantage as a rental company (or Payless should your PRICELINE bidding fail?)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not a big fan of HOTWIRE - haven't used in years. As long as the location is IN THE Terminal, I think I'm fine. Not driving that much. I just need to get from hotel by airport - 1/3 price per night of in town. I think I got Hertz via PL (and BB portal) a few years ago and I had to wait (along with all the other PL bidders) for over an hour because they were out of cars (late in being returned). the other counters had no lines. So help me start the bidding so I HOPE  to get car for no more than $200 all in for 5 exact days. I'm willing to start bidding (and paying now) 7-8 weeks out.

Further Update. Since I had time and it looks like Payless is not in PL pool, I went in and bid $15. on a midsize (using BB PRICELINE link!) . It was rejected and I was given a 2nd chance. I bid $18.00 and it recommended $28. The $18 was rejected and I was given ANOTHER chance. I raised to $20 and it rejected but counter offered at $28.00 . With taxes that is just over $200. I'd like to cut the cost some since I do have time.  Do you have any suggestions or should I just keep repeating the scenario. For FULL prepayment I don't want to bid over $21 now. The taxes and fees really knock price up.

As always THANK YOU. You provide a great service!

Since you have already bid up to the maximum that you are comfortable with at this point in time, just keep repeating the bidding process... there is nothing that will help you 'force' a rental company to accept a bid for less than they are willing to at the moment.

Keep us updated on your progress and thanks for continuing to use the board PRICELINE link for your bidding.

Good luck!

I'm still bidding every 24 hours. No win yet. I actually thought that it was only HOTWIRE that was using Payless. I now see that it's in the PL database for non-bid prices (at $24. for Compact or Midsize. I've been bidding up to $20 and PL keeps says I'd get it at $27. I'm confused because I might get Payless which is only $24. (cancelable) on the revealed rental company on PL. Can you explain, please?

If you bid $20 and you are getting a counter-offer of $27, the actual required bid is somewhere between $21-27. I'd try $21, $22, $23 and if that doesn't work, take the $24.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Currently on the bidding side of PRICELINE:

Budget

Avis

Hertz

National

Alamo

Sixt

On the opaque side of HOTWIRE:

Enterprise

Hertz

Alamo

Dollar

National

Thrifty

Sixt

Advantage

Okay. Here's update. I went in tonight - after being rejected at $19 for a compact yesterday and my first bid was $20 for a mid-size. I got it immediately with HERTZ. (and yes, I used the BB PRICELINE link). It came to $100 for 5 days plus taxes of $59.30 for total of about $30/day incl taxes

do hope have better luck than last time I got Hertz at BNA through PL. They were out of cars and made at least 20 of us wait an hour until cars were returned. But at least I got a decent price.

Thanks again, as always. I'll need a car for October and will come back for your help.

Congratulations on your success and glad to see you received a great deal for this rental.

I've had to wait for cars too, even when booked directly, so it's not really a specific PRICELINE or HOTWIRE issue... i think it has more to do with the fact that most direct rentals don't require a prepay or a credit card, so the rental companies know they will have a high percentage of no-shows and therefore overbook.  All is well as long as they guessed correctly on the number of no-shows, but if everyone with a reservation shows up for their rental (or others are late in returning their vehicles) it creates a problem... hopefully none of that for you this time around.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]