Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Newport Beach) Fairmont Newport Beach

TiredTraveler
By TiredTraveler,
in

Got the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for 4 star in Orange County in Newport Beach. We got the Fairmont Newport Beach, which much to our dismay adds an extra $30-$40 per day in mandatory valet parking fees. There is no self parking, only valet. This extra fee turned a good deal into a bad value, especially since we're staying multiple days. I called Priceline to see if they could help because the fee is mandatory, but they were unwilling to change/modifiy/credit/refund. I also called the hotel directly and they weren't willing to accept any requests on room types or do anything about the excessive parking fee situation. Not happy about this reservation. Be warned 4* bargain hunters in Newport Beach. Pray you don't get the Fairmont. Look at the reviews on Priceline for the Fairmont. Almost every one complains about the excessive parking fee. I could park in hourly parking at the airport for less.

Sorry to hear you're somewhat disappointed in the overall deal given the parking fee, but to be fair all 4* hotels (that i looked at) in this area charge for parking (yes, many offer self-parking, but there is a charge nonetheless).

The hotel's website puts valet parking at $30/day and looking at other 4* hotels in this zone (and getting the parking fees from our sister site ResortFee.com):

Hyatt Regency - Self Parking $27 / Valet Parking $35

Newport Beach Marriott - Self Parking $28 / Valet Parking $35

Given the information above:
The Fairmont's valet parking charge is only $2-$3 more expensive than the self-parking options of the hotels above, so i'm not sure how this small amount could make a good deal turn bad.  If you were not expecting any parking fees then i can understand your surprise, but as noted above, all hotels of this star level charge for parking and the Fairmont's fee is inline with the others in the area.

If you don't need in/out privileges you can look to see if there are private parking lots/garages in the area that offer less expensive options.

In the future you can use ResortFee.com before bidding to see if hotels in the areas that you're considering bidding typically charge for parking, and if so, how much... as well as use PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE and look for hotels that offer the Free Parking amenity.

Feel free to ask the board for help before your next opaque purchase and we will try to help with a more satisfactory outcome next time around.

Do you happen to recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]