Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Union Square West) Hotel Vertigo San Francisco

Ctron
By Ctron,
in

I was wondering if anybody had advice to share.

I'm bidding on 3, 3.5 and 4* hotels in SF (I initially started with 4* but seeing how high the prices were, I can go for a 3 or 3.5*). Do you have any tips and bidding tactics (areas + prices) for the dates July 29 - Aug. 1st.

I tried bidding up to 160$ for a 3.5* and 150 for a 3*. 

I noticed that express deal had a 180$ 3* for USW for my dates so my bidding is perhaps not too far off?

The areas I bid on were Financial, USE, USW and Fisherman Warf

Should I wait and hope the prices lower?

Should I Include other areas?

Thanks for your help :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, over the next 5 days... it all depends on how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations. (more reservations/fewer cancellations then prices rise, and vice-versa).  However, this close to arrival hotels already have a very good idea of their occupancy levels and they can't effect demand very much by lowering/raising prices (since most travelers already have their rooms booked and most potential guests can't just pick-up and travel on 2 days notice because the hotel price went down by $xx dollars)

You're already bidding the 'main' tourist zones so adding another zones will likely put you in less central of an area.

My guess is that you're likely looking at about $165-175 for a 3* hotel or $175-$185 for a 3.5* hotel.  Assuming you're willing to increase your budget a bit, is the higher rated 3.5* hotel worth an extra $10-$20/nite to you?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts based upon the comments above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad to see you won a hotel that was in line with the prices i quoted above.

Can you please provide the details of your win so that others can benefit from the information and we can edit the topic title to reflect your purchase so this thread appears in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please reply to this thread with:
-which service you used for this purchase (PRICELINE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, something else)

-star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay

-amenities associated with the hotel you bought (if applicable... if you used HOTWIRE you can still view the amenities by going to their home page and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of the home page)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]