Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Saddle Brook-Teaneck (Teaneck-Ft. Lee) Crowne Plaza Englewood

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

started bidding at the 3* level in the Teaneck-Fort Lee zone at $80, but was rejected. Dropped down to 2.5* and did not lower my bid, success...

Your offer price: $80.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.20

Total Charges: $99.20

probably overbid a bit for this stay, but didn't have any re-bid opportunities in this area as the adjacent zones of Paramus-Hackensack and Saddle Brook-Hasbrouck Heights are not convenient for a morning commute across the GW Bridge. I don't like to use Hotwire in this area because the zone is so large that you could end up in Paramus-Fairlawn or at the Hasbrouck Heights Holiday Inn and a 45 minute morning commute to reach the tollbooth and fork over $6 to cross the George Washington Bridge. :) Rates on HW ranged from $92-122 for 2.5*-3* properties and the best rate on the Crowne Plaza website was $139. This hotel was formerly the Radisson on Van Brunt street and is within a short drive to some good Korean barbecue in Fort Lee :)

used savingsbarn.com to place my Priceline bid.

Thanks for letting us know of the name change on this property.

I'd be interested in hearing how this stay is, as when it was a Radisson is was rated 2.5*, as it now is as a Crowen Plaza, and this is a low rating for each of these chains.

Thanks for the post and for using the SB links!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Englewood Crowne Plaza has been improved and renovated since my last stay when it was a Radisson and probably deserves better than its 2.5* rating. Rooms have been upgraded, new furnishings, carpets, bedding. The work area had a large desk and chair and wired high speed internet was available for $9.95 or 128 Bps at $3.95 a day. It also features an indoor pool, fitness center and a restaurant with bar. The hotel website mentions that there is a shuttle service to Manhattan, not sure of the cost. Free shuttle service is available within a 5 mile radius. The Crowne Plaza is just off Rt. 4 and about 5-6 miles to the George Washington Bridge for those wanting to drive into Manhattan. This area is definately less convenient to Manhattan than the Secaucus area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]