Hotwire Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood International Airport FLL) Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South and Cruise Port

Bob7
By Bob7,
in

This is the new Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port, on the same block and just south of the Cambria Suites.  We watched it being built when we were last at the Cambria.  I guess it's the one currently listed on the BB hotel list as a 2.5*, but it's on HW as a 3*.  I used the BB promo HOTWIRE link which worked, dropping it from $112 to $102, and taxes were $25 for a total of $127.  HW cancellation insurance was offered for $8.  HW does not list a free shuttle in the amenities, but the hotel web site does, and I called them to confirm and there is a free a/p shuttle.  I booked this so far ahead b/c it's a cruise weekend which often fills up, and the price was great.  The rate for this date on the hotel web site is $139 no cancellation, $149 can cancel.  $10 pp shuttle to the cruise port, so about the same price as a couple taking a $20 cab.

Just lately noticed that HW often tell you when you click the BOOK button "what the last person got who booked this offer", and it said the last person got this hotel, and that's what I got.  Nice feature, but of course no guarantee that you will get what the last person got.  But that feature is the only way we found out this hotel was now open for business, we didn't realize there was another 3* all suites hotel on HW in this area besides the Cambria (which we like).

Used a HOTWIRE button on BB to support this site.

HW amenities list below:

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're looking forward to trying out this new property.

Note that the "Last person got ___" information shown by HOTWIRE is in reference to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone... not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.  As you point out it can confirm a hotel's participation with HOTWIRE, but it should never be used to think that is the hotel represented by the current offer.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating and amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]