Priceline Hotel: 3 1/2 star in long branch nj

eyindoc
By eyindoc,
in

I have never named my own price.  I am interested in going this weekend 7/15-7/17 to long branch nj.  when i go onto express bids there is only 1 3 1/2 star hotel listed on either regular purchase or express deals which I think is the ocean place resort.  no other 3 1/2 star comes up.  however, on your list there is also a sheraton conference center in eatontown which appears on the 3 1/2 list.  It does not come up on PRICELINE.  they both theoretically have the same amenities.  do you think that it is safe to assume that the ocean place is the one that I will get if my bid is accepted as the sheraton does not come up on PRICELINE?  I want to be on the water for the a quick getaway with the hubby.  

also any strategies to having the bid accepted?

Below is the express deal which has oceanfront choice so it cant be sheraton, but still quite pricey.  hoping to get it for less on name my own price.

Guest Score:Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Check In:Fri, Jul 15, 2016

Check Out:Sun, Jul 17, 2016

Choose Bed:$448

per night

2 Queen Beds$513

per night

2 Queen Beds - Oceanfront Room

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Proper bidding will usually save you a little bit over the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, but you're not likely going to see that large of a difference... with rates of the offer above starting at $448/nite how high were you planning on bidding on PRICELINE?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best guess for this 3.5* Tinton Falls - Eatontown - Long Branch hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with the amenities above would be the Ocean Place Resort.

If you decide to bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating (or higher) in the zones that you bid... you could receive a hotel that is not currently shown on the 'retail' side of their service (there is a lot of overlap, but the bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, and 'retail' sides of their service all use a different universe of hotels)

However, it may be a moot point, since although you could certainly try, PRICELINE EXPRESS is already an 'opaque' service so i wouldn't expect to save $100-$150/nite over the prices that you're seeing there... you may save this much vs. regular retail rates, but typically not from bidding vs. PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip (even if you cancel and decide not to travel anywhere this weekend)... although you may want to search MAPS and HOTELS.com as maybe you can find something reasonably priced near a different beach for these dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]