Free breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Pool(s)

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Kitchenette

Does anyone know what hotel this is? It's new to HOTWIRE and not listed on any hotel list I've come across. I used BiddingHelper to view the full amenities. 

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My best guess for this property would be the Extended Stay America-Orange County- Anaheim Convention Center.

However, unless your needs are very minimal, i would proceed cautiously with any offer where only 55% of previous guests (who are on a discounted rate) were satisfied with the hotel.

If the above doesn't work for your needs, let us know more about what you're looking for in a hotel for this trip, as well as your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees), and we'll try to offer some other options/suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for replying! 

The main thing we're looking for in a hotel is cleanliness. And the closer to Disneyland and the Conference Centre, the better! We also (most likely) won't be renting a car. And our maximum budget is $120 a night (for two adults).

While HOTWIRE doesn't have a specific "cleanliness" indicator,  that 55% guest rating is your best clue in this situation.  Not a positive clue.  And thereuare's added note that the rating came from people who got the hotel on a discounted rate makes it an even stronger indication that this isn't a good choice.  Bargain hunters tend to be less picky that folks that paid full rate.   

You can take it one step further and read TripAdvisor reviews for the best guess.

When you are searching, picking your desired zones and then sort by "Recommended".  Seriously consider the best rated one within your budget.  I see a 2* with an 80% rating I'd take over a 2.5* with a 55% rating.

For $1 over your budget how about this 3* Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $121/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn And Suites Anaheim which assuming we are correct would get you just 1 block from Disneyland

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

vtgobbler99,

Unfortunately the OP has not yet replied to this thread so we don't know if s/he has purchased the hotel suggested above, made other plans, canceled the trip, or is still undecided.

If you would like help with your own upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC and we would be happy to assist you there.

Thanks.

lr9090,

Thanks for the update.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Good luck!

34 minutes ago, lr9090 said:

Anaheim area

2 Stars

Aug 3rd - 10th

$114 / night

I don't see any 2* hotel offered for $114/nite... what is the actual name of the zone as per HOTWIRE?

On 7/8/2016 at 10:35 PM, lr9090 said:

The main thing we're looking for in a hotel is cleanliness. And the closer to Disneyland and the Conference Centre, the better!

What didn't meet your needs with the previously guessed Holiday Inn And Suites Anaheim?  That property gets good reviews, is close to Disneyland as requested, and for $7 more per nite gets you a full star rating higher than the one above (and if cleanliness is a priority i'd suggest seeking out hotels that are higher rated than 2 stars... some 2* properties may very well be very clean, and a higher rated hotel does not ensure perfection, but you have a better chance of a hotel where the housekeeping is better trained and more likely to provide a better experience, imo)

Sorry, I just checked HOTWIRE and it's $112/night (not $114). The name of the zone is Anaheim.

The Holiday Inn And Suites Anaheim is a bit far from the Anaheim Convention Center (I wrote Conference Center in my other post by accident). I guess I want a place that's in the middle between Disneyland and the Convention Center (the closer to the Convention Center the better).

I just saw another listing in Hotwire (under Anaheim - Convention Center zone) ... They labeled it as "New To Hotwire Hotel in Anaheim - Convention Center area"

2.5* rating

Aug 3 - 10

$116/night.

Here are the full amenities:

Free breakfast

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Business center

This listing seems better than the $112/night I just mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

Anaheim area

2 Stars

Aug 3rd - 10th

$114 / night

Best guess for this one would be the Little Boy Blue Motel.  Again, you want to stick with hotels that are higher rated, higher percent recommended, and higher than a 3.0 TA rating.

For the 2.5* Anaheim-Convention Center HOTWIRE offer, if you searching using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool and click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button, do you see the following:

Complimentary Breakfast

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business

Room Accessible

==> if so best guess here would be the Comfort Inn and Suites Anaheim

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Thanks for replying! I'm still deciding on what I should do. Another bad thing with hotwire is they don't allow you to choose the number of beds (like whether I want 1 King or 2 doubles/twins). I'll be going with my brother (he's going to Disneyland and I'll be going to the convention center) so I would rather not share a bed with him!

Another thing is, how accurate is Hotwire when it comes to revealing what the last person got? I clicked on the 2.5* one that I'm interested in, and it says, "Curious to see what the last person got? Reveal the hotel." And when I clicked to reveal, it says Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort. I highly doubt it's that hotel! I'm pretty sure it's the one you guessed (Comfort Inn and Suites Anaheim). Has anyone ever gotten what Hotwire revealed?

The "last person won" is not necessarily the underlying hotel. It's simply the last hotel that someone won at that star rating in that zone in general, which may or may not be the underlying hotel.

If you search for 2 adults and 2 children (even if you don't have 2 children in the party), you should get some sort of bedding (2, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofa) for the whole party. Some HOTWIRE listings do note bed choice, as do some PRICELINE EXPRESS listings. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]