Priceline Hotel: Newbie here looking for help

DJmom
By DJmom,
in

Hi All. Let me start by saying my family and I NEVER travel so we are very uneducated on the whole process. We are going to VA (Harrisonburg area) for a wedding in October.  I put in a random bid of $75 per night for a 3+ star hotel and the following information came up.  I guess I'm looking for any advice, suggestions, etc. before I book. Thanks SO much in advance for any help you can give me.  

3 Star Upscale Hotel, Harrisonburg Area   

Which hotel will I get?

Check-In Date:Thursday, September 29, 2016

Check-Out Date:Monday, October 3, 2016

RegionHarrisonburg, VA

City Area:Harrisonburg

Check-In Time:Varies by hotel. Guaranteed late night arrival if needed.

Check-Out Time:Check-out times vary by hotel

Room 1:

Number of Rooms:1

Guaranteed Amenities:Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, Free Parking, Free Internet, Business Center, Guest Score 8/10 or Higher

Number of Nights:4

From your previous thread a few years back:

On 12/7/2011 at 1:33 PM, DJmom said:

Should I tell the hotel we are a party of fivve

How many adults/children will be in the room for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Was curious if anyone had any thoughts on what hotel this may be in the Harrisonburg VA area 

3 Star Upscale Hotel, Harrisonburg Area   

Which hotel will I get?

Check-In Date:Thursday, September 29, 2016

Check-Out Date:Monday, October 3, 2016

RegionHarrisonburg, VA

City Area:Harrisonburg

Check-In Time:Varies by hotel. Guaranteed late night arrival if needed.

Check-Out Time:Check-out times vary by hotel

Room 1:

Number of Rooms:1

Guaranteed Amenities:Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, Free Parking, Free Internet, Business Center, Guest Score 8/10 or Higher

DJmom,

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Please respond the question(s) that we ask in our replies as it will help us provide the best assistance and the appropriate advice for your trip.

I'm not currently seeing any PRICELINE EXPRESS offers when searching for your dates, are you still seeing this one on your own search?

OK, i now see that you are likely copying the amenities from the 'Bidding' side of PRICELINE and not necessarily from PRICELINE EXPRESS.  The amenities shown on the bidding side of PRICELINE are amenities that are offered at all 3* hotels in the zone and not a specific property that you would be bidding on.  In fact, at this point in the process PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]