Priceline Hotel: 3* Nashville (Downtown Nashville - Metrocenter Area) Clarion Hotel Downtown Nashville - Stadium

trvlnut
By trvlnut,
in

There's clearly something going on in Nashville during this period, but I think the issue seems much more with the weekend than the second pair of days. You could probably get something for around your budget for the second couple of nights, but the first couple of nights are much more difficult and will definitely require a higher price or staying further out. Is potentially splitting the stay an acceptable idea? Would staying further out be okay and if so, which zone/s would be acceptable?

On the 11th-13th, I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Downtown area on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $125 (see this link and please double check that the dates are correct on the landing page) w/Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Business

==>> I'm guessing this is the Millennium Maxwell House.

Please let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to research and offer further recommendations.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Not sure what is happening in Nashville over these dates but i agree that rates are quite high.

We can suggest a strategy for whatever star rating and maximum bid you'd like, but at current prices I think you're realistically looking in the $225 area for a 3* hotel or $275+ for a 4*.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?  For 7/10-7/13 (confirm your dates on the landing page) i'm seeing this 3* Downtown - Metrocenter hotel for $141/nite with:

Free Parking
Business Center
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Clarion Hotel Downtown Nashville - Stadium

(or HOTWIRE has what looks like the Millennium Maxwell House - Nashville but the reivews here are not that good and a very low recommendation percent by previous HOTWIRE guests)

The nite of 7/9 is going to still prove to be quite difficult... could you start your trip a day later and/or stay outside of the area for the nite before?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was considering splitting my stay as well.  I can stay out a little further because I believe a car is needed in Nashville and I will need to rent one.  Does this sound correct?

ETA: If the price difference isn't too much, I am willing to pay a little more this weekend to stay closer then change hotels to save $

10 hours ago, trvlnut said:

If the price difference isn't too much, I am willing to pay a little more this weekend to stay closer then change hotels to save $

As per above, the entire weekend will run you about $225-$275+ per nite depending upon star rating.

If you eliminate the first nite you can get a 3* for $141/nite. (which seems significant to me)

So it comes down to how much the first nite will cost you, which is going to vary greatly based upon how far out of 'downtown' you're willing to stay.

If you use our BiddingHelper.com and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com to search for just the first nite of your stay what is the best deal you're able to find on a 'nearby' zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

I ended up splitting my stay.  

I booked a hotel away from the city and then moved to the Clarion.  There was a large basketball tournament which was the reason for the lower room supply and higher rates.  

The Clarion was a pretty poor hotel and wouldn't recommend staying there if possible,

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your win with the board.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Sorry to hear the property was not up to 3* standards, but at least it gave you something reasonably priced given the high demand (and high rates) for this stay.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]