Priceline Hotel: Help San Juan in December

whenpigsfly
By whenpigsfly,
in

Hi,

I am bidding for san juan on dates in early december where the caribe is showing no availability. I have been bidding in the low 80's for a month or so and have stayed at the caribe hilton before and liked it. I don't care where we stay I'd just like ti to be resort level and reasonable.

I looked at the vacation section and saw the condado comes up but my bids as h9igh as $85 are still being rejected. Any thoughts or just hang tight and be patient and keep bidding?

If priceline has inventory do they allocate it for there vacation product and then release it for hotel only bidding or is it the hotels that put it out there at a certain price and then the first bid above pricelines cost gets it?

Please post the exact date(s) of your stay so i can research your situation and i will update with my thoughts and suggestions.

As to your second question... inventory is released at a certain price and then bids are compared to that price to determine acceptance/rejection.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

December 6th & 7th.

Caribe Hilton is sold out (and has been for the last month or so)

Wyndham Condado has a by request special for $95 (non refundable)

Intercontinental is sold out on the 6th $199 on the 7th

San Juan Marriot Resort $175.00

If I want to book the Wyndham I only have a day or two to confirm that rate. I would prpbably prefer the Caribe hilton if I had a choice. You were just there recently what would you do.

I would try a Priceline bid at $75 and if rejected book the Wyndham directly.

Given the Hilton being sold out for both your dates, the IC being sold out for one of your dates, i don't think you'll do much better.

Of course there is always a chance that the Hilton opens up inventory as the date approaches, but i don't think the risk justifies the reward in this instance. The Condado Plaza is a nice hotel too, and if you don't take it and the Hilton doesn't open up, you'll end up paying A LOT more... just not worth the risk. I might think differently if the Hilton's rates were simply high, but they're actually sold out, which is a different story entirely.

That's my .02

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I may do that. My thoughts is thaey probably are booked for a convention and will have some rooms to release at some point but with low availability wheather or not they find there way into an alternate distribution channel like Priceline or Hotwire is more in doubt. If I were a hotel revenue manager and had so few rooms left i would be trying to get as much as I can for them.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]