Priceline Hotel: 2* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Fridley) Livinn Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley

purplepat
By purplepat,
in

Booked this deal using Priceline Express, as I needed to be sure I had two beds.  Some Express Deals show a "bed choice" option, which you can use to select what kind/how many beds you want/need. 

Listed amenities were:

Free parking

Free internet

Business center

Fitness center

Restaurant

Non-smoking

Not shown as an amenity, but this hotel currently does offer a free hot breakfast (hot meaning I've seen pancakes and eggs mentioned in reviews).  And to clarify, "free internet" does mean "free in-room wifi".  A recent Priceline win of mine in a different Minneapolis hotel claimed "free internet" meant "free in public spaces only"

7/10 guest rating by Priceline customers.  About 2/3rds of the reviews on Tripadvisor rate the hotel Excellent or Very Good.  I'm guessing the property has been recently renovated. Recent reviews complemented the flat screen HDTVs with free HBO, the comfortable bedding and large rooms.  Rooms have microwave and fridge.

Hotel's advertised rate for my stay ranged from $112 to $120 per night before taxes.  I'm coming into town that weekend for the Vikings home opener vs the Packers in the new US Bank Stadium, and my searches on Priceline and Hotwire suggested that room rates all over town were higher than normal.  Tripadvisor's Price Finder had a low total price from Hotels.com for my 4 night stay of $490.04 ($122.54/night).  My Priceline Express total price was $216.84 ($54.21/night), a savings of $273.20!  I believe Hotwire had the same property as one of their offerings at a total cost of $261.92, so I still saved about $45 off that price.

Congratulations on your success!

Given the higher than usual demand (and prices) glad to see you found something affordable that will meet your needs and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... and have fun at the game!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]