Priceline Hotel: id 4.5 star Hotwire NYC times square south

walterjames
By walterjames,
in

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility

I am usually very good at figuring out blind hotels on Hotwire or Priceline. I guess the hotel name right 75% of the time the other 20 Between 2 hotel the last 5 no where close.  As of late I notice Hotwire seems not to be as good saving wise as what i get on Priceline. They also seem to change things a lot, the last hotel we got using hotwire had listed restaurant, the hotel did have one a very closed one that had been shut down for at least 6 months.  So needless to say I do not have as much trust in hotwire as I use to.

Back to the listing this one has me stumped,  the search is:

Times Sguare South area July 5 thru July 6 1 room 4 adults. (2 adult and 2 kids in college)

Result is Times Square South Boutique Hotel 

100% recommend (but that is just on 2 reviews total since march 2016)

I am stumped what really throws me is the bed option ;

hotel choice or

2 beds or

2 queen beds

The last is a big clue since NYC hotels are small 2 queens are rare!

The algonquin is a bit of a fit but they do not have 2 queens.

on their web site 4 people are in a king with sofa bed.

Thanks for any help

walter

It would be appreciated if you started by concluding your Hotwire UTAH and Hotwire Crystal City hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

24 minutes ago, walterjames said:

I am usually very good at figuring out blind hotels on Hotwire or Priceline. I guess the hotel name right 75% of the time the other 20 Between 2 hotel the last 5 no where close.

As you have only posted one previous win to the board it would be appreciated if you started to share all your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit by those who have posted before you. :wink:

Are you searching above for 2adults/2children or 4adults?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Was searching as 4 adults, since both are over 18.  I just cannot find any hotel that is a 4.5 star in the theater district with 2 queen beds most nyc hotels have 2 doubles in a room. Wondering if the hotel is brand new or a brand change .  Also I some how wound up posting this in the Priceline listing, I tried reposting it to the Hotwire section where it belong but did not succeed. 

As to  Hotwire UTAH and Hotwire Crystal City hotel thread,  neither of those were booked blind, and the later was booked by my sister and we stayed in Alexandria instead.  Sorry for the oversight in not finishing either of those threads and I have done so.

Walter

Can you please further follow-up your Utah hotel thread with a response to the question(s) we have posted in our reply to your update.

12 hours ago, thereuare said:

it would be appreciated if you started to share all your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit by those who have posted before you.

2x

... maybe another user already purchased the NYC HOTWIRE offer above and for whatever reason, they didn't post their win; hopefully you can see how sharing your wins can benefit other members of the board,

Best guess for the HOTWIRE offer above would be The Muse.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought of the Muse and we really like Kimpton Hotels they are just fun; but I discounted it too fast since on travel sites they list a double double and king.as room choices on other sites.

But I do think you may of nailed this one spot on!  when going to the hotels site if you select double double you are given more options;

ADA double double

and 2 queens.

We do not need a room on this trip, we are able to stay at my sisters right across the river in New jersey. Just though it would be fun to have 2-3 nites in the city.

So as of now I am going to watch it, also to see if the price goes down.

If I do choose that listing or anything else, I will post the result. I may even end up booking this stay very last minute, the night before or morning of as well.

Walter

9 hours ago, thereuare said:

Can you please further follow-up your Utah hotel thread with a response to the question(s) we have posted in our reply to your update.

3x

Thank you for for closing this thread with your decision.

In the future please only ask that we research hotels once your plans are firm and you're ready to commit to a purchase at current rates.  This helps us save time and reply to everyone that is requesting help in a timely manner and (almost always) before the hotel they are looking to purchase disappears from the listings.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]