Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Midtown East) Doubletree By Hilton Metropolitan New York

kcmover
By kcmover,
in

Been watching for several weeks the Rate for several areas of NYC over the July 4th Holiday.   Are hotels in that time frame busy?    Seems that folks in the NYC financial markets head for vacation during that week before and week after the July 4th Holiday.  Is that correct or my imagination?

Need to book 2 rooms 4* or better.  Prefer the Chelsea / Tribeca area,  Then Hearld Square, Soho ,MTE,  Empire State building and lastly Times Square or Times Square South.  

Would accept the Times Square South zone if I could get the W at the price it has been showing.   

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Nassau Hotwire (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread. Thanks.)

Also, please provide your desired max bid per night for this stay.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Somebody took the time to type a reply in an effort to help with your travel plans... you should follow-up with whatever you decided to do for the trip.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for these dates?  You mention you'd take the W at the price it has been showing... what price is that and is it no longer showing at that price?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My price range is $125.00 per room per night up to 175.00 per room per night.   I am coming to visit my son who will be an intern for a financial company.   He is staying at 80 Lafayette Street which is Tribeca.  We can stay any were and don't need to have the hustle Bustle of Times Square.   During the day he might be at work park ave at 40th street.   So MTE would be ok too. 

Aaron I have noticed on express deals some sub $100.00 hotels in the 4 start range?   How could that be?  Also on Express deals there are some (I took Screen shots that I can post if there is a way to post them).

4.5 Stars in the Soho/Tribeca ,  $168

4.5 Stars Chelsea,  $189

4.5 Stars Midtown East  $155

4.5 Stars Times Square  $158

4.5 Stars DT- Wall st.     $141

4.5 Rockcenter/ Bryant park $90.00    This can't be right?

4.5 MSG -- Convention center 166.

I don't see anything sub-$100 for your dates but i do see a few offers under $125/nite and even more under $150/nite... it's low season in NYC as well as a holiday weekend so there are fewer business travelers bidding up hotel prices.

Are you looking to Name Your Own Priceline on PRICELINE for this trip OR are you looking to try to target a something close to either of the addresses above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... and what price would that be?  What is your maximum bid? 

Please list the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're wiling to accept at the price you answer to my question above.

This is for July 1-6?  Are you ready to bid now?

I just got an email from Hotwire that says:

Times Square South

4.5 STAR HOTEL

Fri.07/01 - Wed.07/06

Your original price: $312 per day/ Now $156.00 per night.   I wonder what hotel that might be in Times Square South.

Your list shows that might be the:

Intercontinental Times Square

The Premier

Westin New York at Times Square.

All three of the look good.

It says book soon Last person got the Premier in NYC.  The hotel lists the follow amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Spa services

Accessibility

You need to repeat your search and find the same hotel in the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW TAB and let us know the complete amenity set.

I am looking at the same hotel the amenities list is;

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility

I am usually very good at figuring out blind hotels on Hotwire or Priceline. I guess the hotel name right 75% of the time the other 20 Between 2 hotel the last 5 no where close.  As of late I notice Hotwire seems not to be as good saving wise as what i get on Priceline. They also seem to change things a lot, the last hotel we got using hotwire had listed restaurant, the hotel did have one a very closed one that had been shut down for at least 6 months.  So needless to say I do not have as much trust in hotwire as I use to.

Back to the listing this one has me stumped,  the search is:

Times Sguare South area July 5 thru July 6 1 room 4 adults. (2 adult and 2 kids in college)

Result is Times Square South Boutique Hotel 

100% recommend (but that is just on 2 reviews total since march 2016)

I am stumped what really throws me is the bed option ;

hotel choice or

2 beds or

2 queen beds

The last is a big clue since NYC hotels are small 2 queens are rare!

The algonquin is a bit of a fit but they do not have 2 queens.

on their web site 4 people are in a king with sofa bed.

Thanks for any help

walter

walterjames,

The topic title of this thread will be used to reflect whatever kcmover ultimately decides to do for his/her trip, which will then provide a link to be added in our Priceline Maps and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins... for your own trip please start a NEW TOPIC and somebody will assist you there.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]